Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
So how exactly do you attach to that? Do you buy additional hooks?
I looks like the silver buckle looking part is on a hinge and you can hook thinks to them.
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I looks like the silver buckle looking part is on a hinge and you can hook thinks to them.
hmmm. It looks really cool, I guess im just not really seeing what it does that the stock D rings wont?

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
hmmm. It looks really cool, I guess im just not really seeing what it does that the stock D rings wont?
Not much other than pushing the button in the center of the tie downs allows you to slide them back and forth on the track for placement. The chrome loops pivot up for attaching straps to and the mat has carpet on one side and plastic on the other .. I left the carpet side down so it wouldn't slide around. It may be worth a couple hundred to some over the D rings.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Not much other than pushing the button in the center of the tie downs allows you to slide them back and forth on the track for placement. The chrome loops pivot up for attaching straps to and the mat has carpet on one side and plastic on the other .. I left the carpet side down so it wouldn't slide around. It may be worth a couple hundred to some over the D rings.
Got ya. For a rather low price option it’s pretty neat. I like it!

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Getting ready to get naked tomorrow.....the Jeep of course!! I took the top off and installed my Alien Sunshade . I am planning on taking off the doors tomorrow and installing the soft top. I had to clean out the garage a bit to make room for the hard top. Snapped a few pics.

Sting-Gray Alienshade 2.png

Sting-Gray Alienshade 3.png

Sting-Gray Alienshade.png

Sting-Gray topless.png

Sponsored

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 JL Sport S (on order)
How long does it take to install/remove the sunshade? I park in a garage at work and at home, so I'm not so worried about the UV exposure on the fabric and dash. About 80% of the time with the top down, I'm glad to have nothing overhead, but on longer roadtrips (like driving to the mountains, a couple hours away) or on really hot days when I'm driving other than in the morning or evening, I'd like to have it. Been torn about it because I really like the totally open-air feel when I take the top down, except for some small pieces of time in just a few months each year.

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
How long does it take to install/remove the sunshade? I park in a garage at work and at home, so I'm not so worried about the UV exposure on the fabric and dash. About 80% of the time with the top down, I'm glad to have nothing overhead, but on longer roadtrips (like driving to the mountains, a couple hours away) or on really hot days when I'm driving other than in the morning or evening, I'd like to have it. Been torn about it because I really like the totally open-air feel when I take the top down, except for some small pieces of time in just a few months each year.
The first time took me about 15 minutes or so, I am sure I could do it quicker next time. Taking it off would be quicker also. You are able to leave this on with the hard top and soft top. It has made a big difference when driving with the top off today, no sun beating down on you.

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Glimpse of a work in progress on my Sting Gray:

[GALLERY=media, 18]Jeep Front by Itsgary2 posted Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 17]Jeep Back by Itsgary2 posted Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 16]Jeep Back 2 by Itsgary2 posted Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM[/GALLERY]

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Glimpse of a work in progress on my Sting Gray:

[GALLERY=media, 18]Jeep Front by Itsgary2 posted Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 17]Jeep Back by Itsgary2 posted Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 16]Jeep Back 2 by Itsgary2 posted Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM[/GALLERY]
For some reason, it says i don't have permission to see these. Guess i got in trouble, lol.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
As I patiently wait to close on my house, I’ve been obsessing over what I’m going to do with my future JLUR. How do y’all feel about these chrome Pro Comps? I’ve been a serial black wheels kind of guy but I love this classic look. Any thoughts? Sorry for the MS paint job and thanks to LennyV for a great photo to help me visualize. I plan on a Mopar lift and 35s as well.

iiisdX2.jpg

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
So how exactly do you attach to that? Do you buy additional hooks?
If you look closely at the rails you will see the anchor point attachments. I the center their is a button that will allow them to release and slide back and forth. The chrome piece on the anchor pivots up to make a hook. Mine came with a total of 6 (2 for each side and 2 for the tail gate) I assume that in the future you will be able to purchase additional anchors if you need
Sponsored