IMG_5498.JPG

IMG_5500.JPG
Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Well everyone...I got her home! I will post pics in a reply from my cell phone here soon, but here are my thoughts based on my ~500 mile drive home, which included driving top up, top down, rain, shine, and dark mountain highways:

The Glorious:
- As I mentioned before, the color is awesome!
- Driving with the top down!!!!
- The LED headlights are amazing (big concern for me as I drive in the dark/rain for over half the year, thanks Seattle), though I can see how they could be potentially blinding to others.
- Soft top operation is really easy...with some caveats noted below
- Shifter is pretty sweet...especially for a Jeep
- Uconnect system is by far and away the best one I have used...and I have been in a lot of cars. My 2015 Cherokee was pretty good but this one is way faster/snappier. Blows my Mercedes My Command system out of the water from a usability perspective.
- Apple Carplay and the speed/accuracy of understanding voice commands is impressive
- Trail Rail Management System is really slick and the components all are really heavy / solid
- You can turn the backup camera on while driving!

The Meh:
- How the hell do you store the soft top windows without damaging them without a bag?? I made due with some blankets and bungee cords but this was the most cumbersome part to deal with.
- Initial impression of the Alpine system is that it is probably much better than the stock one,but I was not blown away with it. I will play around with the settings some more to hopefully dial it in.
- Fuel mileage for those that really care was not impressive at all. To be fair, I had a really strong head wind and a lot of hills/mountains but my 500 mile average was only 16 mpg (speeds between 60-75)
- Engine/exhaust is so quiet...I usually determine when to shift by listening to the motor. This will soon be resolved with a louder exhaust.

The Not-so-Glorious:
- I was pretty surprised how loose/vague the steering was at highway speeds...once again, I have owned/driven a lot of trucks/Jeeps so it is not just me being unreasonable with my expectations. Side winds and passing semi trucks (especially while during a turn) took a lot of see/sawing the steering wheel and nerve to stay in the lines. Not sure if this is 100% normal, but I have seen other posts related to this. It reminds me of my old 77 Ramcharger or a lot of the CJs I have driven. I did get used to it a bit more as the miles went along, but I do think it is a bit much for any modern vehicle.
- Hills at highway speeds required downshifting every time as the engine is pretty gutless at higher speeds without revs. Downshifting from 6th to 5th generally didn't do much so I usually went straight to 4th. I think this is a result of the higher transmission gearing (which is fine as it helps in other situations), but it was a bit more extreme than I expected it to be.

That is all I can think of at the moment, pics to follow here soon. Ultimately, I absolutely love this Jeep and am looking forward to building her up and enjoying whatever adventures I can find!

Cheers
Did you have to request DD to not drill into your front bumper? Did they try to stick any dealer badges or stickers on? Any surprise costs? Thoughts on their customer service?

Also, did they give you an idaho or WA temp plate to drive back? Thanks!

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
And 2 dr Rubicon Mojito pics in this thread? I’m looking for both with and without tops and doors. I’ve read through about 50 pages. Thanks
Yes, there are. Reading hundreds of pages in the thread is a rite of passage that you must go through, otherwise you are unworthy of a Mojito!.

tikidog

First Name
Kevin & Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ; 2017 JKR; 2018 JLR HellaYella; 2018 JLUR Mojito!
Been lurking on this thread since we ordered our Mojito! JLUR on 5/28. Congrats to everyone who has received their's. I still haven't seen Mojito! in person yet, but all the pics I'm seeing here are beautiful!!!

Just got notification from cryptostickers today that we have a window sticker, so it should be soon!

Can't wait! :clap:

Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Did you have to request DD to not drill into your front bumper? Did they try to stick any dealer badges or stickers on? Any surprise costs? Thoughts on their customer service?

I did not request them to leave the front plate off but they intentionally left it off as most of us don’t want it (correctly assumed). They did put a sticker on the tailgate but I had them peel it off. No surprise costs and the finance guy was not pushy at all about recommending add on bs. Customer service was amazing actually...very happy with them.

Only thing I would add is that if you ordered around the time I did, they were including a free third party lifetime power train warranty. They have since discontinued that special so you will need to mention it for it to be included.

My salesman was Kenny Black and the finance guy was Ben.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Oh, and they gave me a 30 day IDaho temp tag and will notify me when I can get it registered in WA state.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
The Not-so-Glorious:
- I was pretty surprised how loose/vague the steering was at highway speeds...once again, I have owned/driven a lot of trucks/Jeeps so it is not just me being unreasonable with my expectations. Side winds and passing semi trucks (especially while during a turn) took a lot of see/sawing the steering wheel and nerve to stay in the lines. Not sure if this is 100% normal, but I have seen other posts related to this. It reminds me of my old 77 Ramcharger or a lot of the CJs I have driven. I did get used to it a bit more as the miles went along, but I do think it is a bit much for any modern vehicle.
I would verify/re-verify tire pressure on this. Alot of people had to go lower to what the doors spec/say and then it was better.

khisanth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLU, 1967 Chevy Camaro 350SS
Evidently what happens in Belvidere, stays in Belvidere? My Mojito! has been there for 4 days now. Noone knows what goes on there?

Sponsored

Skfloyd

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Sales-Winter Haven Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Evidently what happens in Belvidere, stays in Belvidere? My Mojito! has been there for 4 days now. Noone knows what goes on there?
They build the Jeep Cherokee there. The only reason it would be there is as a rail yard junction point. They wouldn’t do anything to your Jeep there.

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I learned that my Jeep had been unloaded from the rail car, so I decided to drive over and see if I could actually see it.... And with the luck of the Mojito is was on the outside row next to the road! Super excited to see it in person!
IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1117.jpg
IMG_1121.jpg

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Lol man you couldn’t even go up to it.

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Well everyone...I got her home! I will post pics in a reply from my cell phone here soon, but here are my thoughts based on my ~500 mile drive home, which included driving top up, top down, rain, shine,
The Glorious:
- As I mentioned before, the color is awesome!
- Driving with the top down!!!!
- The LED headlights are amazing (big concern for me as I drive in the dark/rain for over half the year, thanks Seattle), though I can see how they could be potentially blinding to others.
- Soft top operation is really easy...with some caveats noted below
- Shifter is pretty sweet...especially for a Jeep
- Uconnect system is by far and away the best one I have used...and I have been in a lot of cars. My 2015 Cherokee was pretty good but this one is way faster/snappier. Blows my Mercedes My Command system out of the water from a usability perspective.
- Apple Carplay and the speed/accuracy of understanding voice commands is impressive
- Trail Rail Management System is really slick and the components all are really heavy / solid
- You can turn the backup camera on while driving!

The Meh:
- How the hell do you store the soft top windows without damaging them without a bag?? I made due with some blankets and bungee cords but this was the most cumbersome part to deal with.
- Initial impression of the Alpine system is that it is probably much better than the stock one,but I was not blown away with it. I will play around with the settings some more to hopefully dial it in.
- Fuel mileage for those that really care was not impressive at all. To be fair, I had a really strong head wind and a lot of hills/mountains but my 500 mile average was only 16 mpg (speeds between 60-75)
- Engine/exhaust is so quiet...I usually determine when to shift by listening to the motor. This will soon be resolved with a louder exhaust.

The Not-so-Glorious:
- Hills at highway speeds required downshifting every time as the engine is pretty gutless at higher speeds without revs. Downshifting from 6th to 5th generally didn't do much so I usually went straight to 4th. I think this is a result of the higher transmission gearing (which is fine as it helps in other situations), but it was a bit more extreme than I expected it to be.

That is all I can think of at the moment, pics to follow here soon. Ultimately, I absolutely love this Jeep and am looking forward to building her up and enjoying whatever adventures I can find!

Cheers
I've also been concerned about the vague highway steering. It seems like there is about one inch of play in the steering wheel before the car responds. This is really a big negative and I hope there is a fix. It's not as bad as my 1931 Ford Model A, but it's noticeably worse than my BMW M240i, which is great. I'm especially aware of it when trying to go straight on the freeway. Otherwise I love my 2 door Wrangler.
Sponsored