MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

Musicnjeepz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKURR
I ordered on 4/10 and it's now been in inspection for 10 days with no ship date after 3 separate "investigations". It's a cr@p shoot.
I just don’t understand......with all the technology we have, they can’t give accurate assessment of a Jeep build, and give the customer any help when an issue arises. Unbelievable.
Sponsored

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I just don’t understand......with all the technology we have, they can’t give accurate assessment of a Jeep build, and give the customer any help when an issue arises. Unbelievable.
This... I agree with 100%!!!

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I dont understand why we cannot have a GPS tracker installed at the beginning of the build and given the tracking number/code so we can keep up. this would allow us to track it all the way to the dealer!

Sponsored

texasbbt

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Mojito on order
Changed the front bumper and got her naked the next day at the beach

20180629_182738.jpg

IMG_20180630_123754_421.jpg
Congratulation!! I can't wait to do that very thing.

Schliky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I just got told by cryptostickers that it found my Window Sticker, but has not yet found a Build Sheet. Any Idea what that means?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
So I just got told by cryptostickers that it found my Window Sticker, but has not yet found a Build Sheet. Any Idea what that means?
That usually means it is built and sitting outside in their yard waiting for a train or truck.

Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase

Musicnjeepz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKURR
I dont understand why we cannot have a GPS tracker installed at the beginning of the build and given the tracking number/code so we can keep up. this would allow us to track it all the way to the dealer!
It would probably raise the price of every vehicle by 1000 dollars.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Well everyone...I got her home! I will post pics in a reply from my cell phone here soon, but here are my thoughts based on my ~500 mile drive home, which included driving top up, top down, rain, shine, and dark mountain highways:

The Glorious:
- As I mentioned before, the color is awesome!
- Driving with the top down!!!!
- The LED headlights are amazing (big concern for me as I drive in the dark/rain for over half the year, thanks Seattle), though I can see how they could be potentially blinding to others.
- Soft top operation is really easy...with some caveats noted below
- Shifter is pretty sweet...especially for a Jeep
- Uconnect system is by far and away the best one I have used...and I have been in a lot of cars. My 2015 Cherokee was pretty good but this one is way faster/snappier. Blows my Mercedes My Command system out of the water from a usability perspective.
- Apple Carplay and the speed/accuracy of understanding voice commands is impressive
- Trail Rail Management System is really slick and the components all are really heavy / solid
- You can turn the backup camera on while driving!

The Meh:
- How the hell do you store the soft top windows without damaging them without a bag?? I made due with some blankets and bungee cords but this was the most cumbersome part to deal with.
- Initial impression of the Alpine system is that it is probably much better than the stock one,but I was not blown away with it. I will play around with the settings some more to hopefully dial it in.
- Fuel mileage for those that really care was not impressive at all. To be fair, I had a really strong head wind and a lot of hills/mountains but my 500 mile average was only 16 mpg (speeds between 60-75)
- Engine/exhaust is so quiet...I usually determine when to shift by listening to the motor. This will soon be resolved with a louder exhaust.

The Not-so-Glorious:
- I was pretty surprised how loose/vague the steering was at highway speeds...once again, I have owned/driven a lot of trucks/Jeeps so it is not just me being unreasonable with my expectations. Side winds and passing semi trucks (especially while during a turn) took a lot of see/sawing the steering wheel and nerve to stay in the lines. Not sure if this is 100% normal, but I have seen other posts related to this. It reminds me of my old 77 Ramcharger or a lot of the CJs I have driven. I did get used to it a bit more as the miles went along, but I do think it is a bit much for any modern vehicle.
- Hills at highway speeds required downshifting every time as the engine is pretty gutless at higher speeds without revs. Downshifting from 6th to 5th generally didn't do much so I usually went straight to 4th. I think this is a result of the higher transmission gearing (which is fine as it helps in other situations), but it was a bit more extreme than I expected it to be.

That is all I can think of at the moment, pics to follow here soon. Ultimately, I absolutely love this Jeep and am looking forward to building her up and enjoying whatever adventures I can find!

Cheers