First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
Did anyone not get the tech package, and regret it? I do. I have been following a thread on how to update the 5in radio to the 7in, so that won’t be an issue. Has anyone thought about swapping out the instrument cluster??
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I was in a similar situation when I researching before buying my JL. I am kinda a basic model buyer when buying most of my vehicles but the one thing I am looking at the most when I am driving, the instrument cluster, I want it to be the best one I can get.

I test drove both types with and without the base cluster and decided it was worth it for the Technology Group option to get the better cluster as I would be where you are now looking at a possible cluster swap.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I got the tech package with my JL but my wife got the 5" uconnect. I'm already planning to upgrade her to the 7" for her birthday next month. I'd upgrade her instrument cluster too, if I could find out how to do it.

OP
OP
Wzabrouski

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
There is another thread going about upgrading from the 5 to the 7. Not as easy as many thought as many of the climate controls need to be changed.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not easy if you want climate control. But it’s very easy if you don’t care. That said, replacing the instrument cluster isn’t likely to be plug and play.

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
It’s not easy if you want climate control. But it’s very easy if you don’t care. That said, replacing the instrument cluster isn’t likely to be plug and play.
My experience with other FCA products would wager the cluster would be plug and play for the most part if the same model year part numbers are used.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Honestly it seems nice for a while, but once you get over the wow factor you just drive the darn thing. And with the JLs track record so far with all these issues the lest tech the better.

Aburley8

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I was in a similar situation when I researching before buying my JL. I am kinda a basic model buyer when buying most of my vehicles but the one thing I am looking at the most when I am driving, the instrument cluster, I want it to be the best one I can get.

I test drove both types with and without the base cluster and decided it was worth it for the Technology Group option to get the better cluster as I would be where you are now looking at a possible cluster swap.
I have a 22 Willy’s with the base instrument cluster and I want to swap out to the bigger color screen, 68522502AB is the part number I believe but is this do able? What about the mileage?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Just finished this swap today. Found some guy on fb marketplace parting out a totaled 2020 Gladiator. Everything is plug and play. Only thing that annoys me other than the 41k mileage difference is that on the Offroad pages, it shows a Gladiator on the pitch & roll instead of a Wrangler like on my 8.4” lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Instrument Cluster - Tech Package 1652561809173

Now to see if one of my local dealerships can adjust the mileage.

Sponsored

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Just finished this swap today. Found some guy on fb marketplace parting out a totaled 2020 Gladiator. Everything is plug and play. Only thing that annoys me other than the 41k mileage difference is that on the Offroad pages, it shows a Gladiator on the pitch & roll instead of a Wrangler like on my 8.4” lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Instrument Cluster - Tech Package 1652561809173

Now to see if one of my local dealerships can adjust the mileage.
Did the dealer change the mileage for you?
If so, did the cluster have to be removed ?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't know about Canada, but in the US, If you changed the mileage lower than the actual mileage of the vehicle, you are in violation of federal and most states law if you did not put a sticker in the door jamb stating the actual mileage at the reset and are selling and not disclosing this in writing. The federal law is a felony. Be careful out there.

Last edited: