2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
All you guys/girls who have picked up your rigs that ordered prior to the March 1st $500 price increase.... did the dealer honor the original price? Or did they try an stick you for the $500 bump
Sponsored

mglombardi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hi everyone,

Iā€™ve been following this thread closely for sometime now as I wait for my 2 door but this is my first post. Currently my Jeep is in ā€˜Iā€™ status and has been for 9 days. Iā€™m hoping it gets released any day now.. itā€™s been a long wait. Anybody else have a long wait in this status? Any ideas on how long it will take from here until it arrives at dealership? The Jeep chat and Jeep hotline wonā€™t say an estimated ETA until it moves into KZ and they said even after that it can be variable. The Jeep will be delivered to NH if that helps anyone provide better info.

Ordered 2/7
Rubicon, Black w painted fenders, 3.5L, 6MT, PST, LEDs, infotainment, beige leather, safety group, cold weather group, tow package, steel bumpers

Canā€™t wait for it to be here for the summer.. have a Jeep GC my wife drives but this will be my first Wrangler.

Also, I wanted to keep it pretty stock but add some nice modifications like door sil guards, short antenna, and maybe the front hoop bar w LED lights. Any other suggestions? Any recommendations for best bike and ski carrier tow attachment?

Thanks for any insight and info!

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon

Sponsored

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
All you guys/girls who have picked up your rigs that ordered prior to the March 1st $500 price increase.... did the dealer honor the original price? Or did they try an stick you for the $500 bump
Ordered February 13th, Picked up May 16th. Dealer honored pre-March 1st increase of base and shipping fee.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Thanks Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x11.5r17
Gary, are you going to get it lifted too? I want to have my Jeep end up pretty much exactly like yours but am told that the lift kit is not available. Then again, I am still waiting for my Jeep so maybe it will be by the time I take delivery.

Ghagen1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon
Gary, are you going to get it lifted too? I want to have my Jeep end up pretty much exactly like yours but am told that the lift kit is not available. Then again, I am still waiting for my Jeep so maybe it will be by the time I take delivery.
I'm thinking about the Mopar 2" but they told me August availability but I like the stance they way it is.

Sponsored

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I'm still in "D" status after 14 days

what an outrage! ;)
Ahhhhh, the newbie order stirring up the pot :) Don't get Sweetwater started on how long some of us waited (or are still waiting). Ha! Make me reminisce about the time when I thought being in D for a couple of weeks was a long time. Tomorrow it is 5 months for me. A full 22 weeks this Sunday and I still don't know when I will see my Jeep.
Congratulations on the order, it seems 2 doors are rolling off the line much faster now so hopefully your wait will not be very long.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhhh, the newbie order stirring up the pot :) Don't get Sweetwater started on how long some of us waited (or are still waiting). Ha! Make me reminisce about the time when I thought being in D for a couple of weeks was a long time. Tomorrow it is 5 months for me. A full 22 weeks this Sunday and I still don't know when I will see my Jeep.
Congratulations on the order, it seems 2 doors are rolling off the line much faster now so hopefully your wait will not be very long.
Yes donā€™t get me started either 1-24-18 order and no Jeep yet

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
I'll buy the beer

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Honored the original price with no issue. Someone posted the following a while back and I took it with me at delivery but my guy didn't need it-posting again just in case it helps you or anyone else:

FCA Price Protection for Pre March 1, 2018 Orders
If the dealer entered a sold order for you before the price increase you will be fine.

By sold order it must be marked a type 1 order with your information on the POC.

The dealer will enter the price protection code of 27EJ2 in the incentives claim screen.

FCA official language is the following; Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to March 1, 2018 will be price protected providing that:

Ā· The customer name appears on the factory order prior to the ship date (KZ).

Ā· the vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within ten (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date).

Ā· the sale is reported to FCA US LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.
Sponsored

Last edited: