Sponsored

18" Ultra Wheels on 35" Cooper STT Pro

RAZE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Granite Rubicon, 14 BMW 650, 87 Mustang GT 5.0
Just mounted up my 18" Ultra Xtreme 107 Satin Gray wheels on 305/70/18 Cooper STT Pro tires. The wheels are 18x9 with a 0 offset and the tires measure 35.1 inches, making it a TRUE 35" tire.

Impressions of the Cooper STT PRO - First off, it looks badass!! I originally ordered Mastercraft Courser CXT (All Terrain) and when I put the 2 side by side, the Cooper screamed, "I'm a Monster!!" The Mastercraft is nice, but it was a little too tamed. The tires are about 69.9lbs inflated at 30 PSI. The wheels are listed at 37lbs, but feel a lot lighter. Amazon has them listed at 33lbs. The Wheel/tire combo is definitely over 100lbs. On a stock JL Rubicon, the loss of acceleration is hardly noticeable. I've gone up hills, merged onto highways, drove locally and re-gearing is not even a thought right now. However, I have noticed once you accelerate up to cruising speed, the RPM's stay up around 3000 for several seconds, before dropping back down below 2000. That has impacted my MPG. My highway MPG was in the high 19's on stock tires, and has since dropped down to the low 17's. Unfortunately, since the Cooper is 35.1 inches, it will NOT fit on the rear tire carrier. It is extremely close, but just a tad big. I will be ordering a relocation bracket.

Noise - It's a mud tire. It HAS to make noise. However, the noise is minimal. If you're buying this tire and expecting it to be loud, you will be grinning when you hear how quiet this is for a mud tire. It's almost in the All Terrain noise decibels. I hate noise and was hesitant to buy a mud tire, but this is absolutely tolerable. One other thing to consider is I live in NY, which is extremely windy. The sound of the mud tire is almost completely drowned out by the wind. Turn on the radio and you'll forget you swapped out your stock tires.

The Wheels: They look way better in person. It's a few shades lighter than the Granite, but that's what I wanted anyway. Everyone has black wheels, which look great, but this definitely stands out more. I chose 18" because I think it looks better in this style and on 35" tires. With the 0 offset, the tires stick out about 1.5" from the fender.

Enjoy the photos and thanks for reading!

Rubicon.jpg

Rubicon5.jpg

Rubicon4.jpg

Rubicon3.jpg

Rubicon2.jpg
Sponsored

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. Is the Mastercraft the same size? Looks a little wider in the photo. Thx

OP
OP

RAZE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Granite Rubicon, 14 BMW 650, 87 Mustang GT 5.0
Looks great. Is the Mastercraft the same size? Looks a little wider in the photo. Thx
The Mastercraft is 12.5" wide vs 12.4" for the Cooper according to tiresize.com. When it was put next to the Cooper STT Pro, it was definitely about 2mm shorter and it appeared to be about 2mm narrower. The width could be an illusion due to the sidebiters protruding out on the sidewall. If anything, it's the same width, definitely not wider than the Cooper.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@RAZE do you have any more side level pictures of your Jeep, I’d love to see a full side straight on view? I am contemplating this tire. I’m interested in how much space there is between the fender and top of tire plus the overall stance.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Last edited: