STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

rtcjr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara (Mango Tango)
Ordered on 5/5, woke up just now to email saying it's here! Only problem is I'm out of the country and can't pick up until Thursday....

I didn't lock in pricing, but I did sign up for Tread Lightly. Dealer said he would honor the FCA Affiliate discount so should not be any issues. Has anyone else had any issues with getting discount via Tread Lightly? Says I need to wait 30 days, but I was able to generate a control number via the website with no problems....

We'll see on Thursday I guess. Worst case scenario it sits on the lot for another 12 days.

Probably silly, but did anyone else have remorse at last minute letting go of their JK? I've had mine for 6 years. Almost mint condition and have really enjoyed the last few weeks with the top and doors off....sad to let go, but also VERY excited....

Last pic is of my son pretending to drive who thinks a gray jeep is "so boring"....we'll see.....
doorsoff.jpg
driving.jpg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Ordered on 5/5, woke up just now to email saying it's here! Only problem is I'm out of the country and can't pick up until Thursday....

I didn't lock in pricing, but I did sign up for Tread Lightly. Dealer said he would honor the FCA Affiliate discount so should not be any issues. Has anyone else had any issues with getting discount via Tread Lightly? Says I need to wait 30 days, but I was able to generate a control number via the website with no problems....

We'll see on Thursday I guess. Worst case scenario it sits on the lot for another 12 days.

Probably silly, but did anyone else have remorse at last minute letting go of their JK? I've had mine for 6 years. Almost mint condition and have really enjoyed the last few weeks with the top and doors off....sad to let go, but also VERY excited....

Last pic is of my son pretending to drive who thinks a gray jeep is "so boring"....we'll see.....
doorsoff.jpg
driving.jpg
Some dealers are real firm on 30 days. But I know we went through a similar deal with my wife’s Tahoe. They just “forgot” to include some of the paperwork first time and by the time the factory asked for it it had been 30 days. But FCA could be more strict.

Congratulations on your new Jeep!

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
F42CE477-E8A7-4AF1-84B6-6706F5EAB377.jpeg
A perfect 320 mile drive home from the dealership with no hiccups and a few sips of fuel left.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
C7357BB4-C3C2-492C-96B5-901432699843.jpeg
Mod #1 complete

Explore4x4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 1953 Ford F100, 2013 JK
Just wondering, has anyone ordered a Rubicon with the premium cloth interior and does it come with the Molle grill system behind the front seats? I ordered back in March and just learned my Jeep was one of those destroyed in a fire back in May. They reordered and apparently it is in transit. Who knows how long that will take, but certainly has gone further than my first order which sat in “I” for two months.

Sponsored

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
I picked mine back up from the detailer this afternoon. I didn’t realize how dirty it was when I drove it off the lot on Friday. Fortunately my paint was actually in really good shape so I did t have them do any correction at the moment. Had I been coating it or putting on PPF it would have gotten a level one correction. I showed the first atttached photo to my wife with no context and she thought it was a random photo of our yard.

Side note, do NOT let your detailer or any car wash that does interior remove the rubber cup holder liner. According to jeep it is not removable. There is also a loop on it that if they get it all the way out will break. I was able to get mine all back in after about 20 minutes. Fortunately mine did not break either.

5A99761C-2DF7-494A-8A3D-22C5F4B094C6.jpeg

Sponsored

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Topsy Hinge brackets for a Racor storage lift. I ordered mine this afternoon. http://topsyproducts.com/products/hinge_hook_hoist_bracket
Just an FYI if you weren't aware....they had the initial run of JL brackets all powder coated in Red, just tell yourself they are limited edition super special....the next batch and all following will all be their original black. I love the Red on our Sting Gray. Unfortunately the next batch won't be ready apparently til August'ish.

Paladin1

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Very similar to my build. I love it. Congratulations!
I went back and forth over the options a few times but this seemed to be the sweet spot for my needs/wants along with the price of course. Did you grab the mopar floor mats yourself or go with an aftermarket option? My wife was a bit dubious about the remote start but she let it go. I will look for an aftermarket remote start for her Nissan Pathfinder and see if I can install it myself for her. Dealer thinks it may be about 8-12 weeks before it will be delivered. Hopefully it will be a bit faster than that.