STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

BigFatPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Hi all,
Long time lurker first time poster.
I ordered my Sting Gray JLUR 4/28 and picked up on 6/20 and couldn't be more happy with the JL. I typically don't post in forums but since this thread has brought me so much joy the last few months as i waited for my JL i thought i'd contribute. I mounted the AEV Saltas from my JK on the JL. I love the look of these wheels but did have some interference with the camera shaft while mounting the spare tire. Just curious if anyone with a JL and AEV wheels have come up with a interesting solution for this yet. I may machine some stand offs tomorrow just to get some solid contact between the wheel and tire carrier but i don't love this solution and my OCD might make me ditch the wheel if i don't find a adequate solution.
6WfmIuQX0qMtnNTOXeCKQjy6r3a8fjSIad6US4sjU7A?dl=0&size=1600x1200&size_mode=3.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club {filename}
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Hi all,
I ordered my Sting Gray JLUR 4/28 and picked up on 6/20 and couldn't be more happy with the JL. I typically don't post in forums but since this thread has brought me so much joy the last few months as i waited for my JL i thought i'd contribute. I mounted the AEV Saltas from my JK on the JL. I love the look of these wheels but did have some interference with the camera shaft while mounting the spare tire. Just curious if anyone with a JL and AEV wheels have come up with a interesting solution for this yet. I may machine some stand offs tomorrow just to get some solid contact between the wheel and tire carrier but i don't love this solution and my OCD might make me ditch the wheel if i don't find a adequate solution.

Gorgeous and congratulations!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I love the look of these wheels but did have some interference with the camera shaft while mounting the spare tire.
"You're not the Dragon Warrior. You're nothing but a big, fat panda!"
"No, I'm the big, fat panda..."
The only hope I can offer is that Mopar/the aftermarket has to offer an extension/modified camera tube to address the myriad wheel/tire set-ups that the JL will encounter. Clever place to put the camera, but like most clever things, the form is leading instead of following the function. More flexibility is required here. It would be a shame to ditch those wheels.

Musicnjeepz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKURR
Hi all,

Super nice! Are you going to sell your take offs?

Sponsored

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
... I love the look of these wheels but did have some interference with the camera shaft while mounting the spare tire. Just curious if anyone with a JL and AEV wheels have come up with a interesting solution for this yet. I may machine some stand offs tomorrow just to get some solid contact between the wheel and tire carrier but i don't love this solution and my OCD might make me ditch the wheel if i don't find a adequate solution.
Can you post up a pic or two of the rear wheel? I have seen in other threads the AEV wheels from the JK work fine... with minimal camera issue. The biggest thing I have read is the tire does not rest against the bump.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So the day has come! Enroute to the dealership for pickup. Fingers crossed for no hiccups

BigFatPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Super nice! Are you going to sell your take offs?
The original plan was to sell the take offs to fund some 35" tires but with the spare tire fitment issue i may hold on to the OEMs for now until i figure out my wheel situation. I hate to get rid of the Saltas but it may come to that.

Can you post up a pic or two of the rear wheel? I have seen in other threads the AEV wheels from the JK work fine... with minimal camera issue. The biggest thing I have read is the tire does not rest against the bump.
If it is still light out when i get home i'll try to remember to snap some pictures. They definitely do not rest against the bump stops. There was probably a good 1-1.25" of gap. I'm not too concerned about that issue. I've seen some extended bump stops for the JK i'm sure it can be adapted to the JL or a vendor will release some eventually. Or make my own if it comes to it. My biggest grievance is that the wheel jams partially down that camera shaft and the backface of the wheel doesn't sit flush against the tire carrier.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Lagertha in sunlight :involve:
I opted for the OWL tires on my Mojito...they look great on yours. Can't wait to see them on mine (hopefully this week! :) )

Sponsored

Go4aRyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, FJ Cruiser, JLUR
First ride with the top off. His response was "It's a hair party!!"

And when that is not quite as new anymore, off come the doors — and the fun starts all over again. :)

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Well, she is moving .. on a train .. maybe the first of 10 .. but at least she is moving
Blkjak (Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL - Sting-Gray)
Date ordered: 04/12/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: 07/07/2018 - 07/11/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/14/2018 Hour 23
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/17/18 05:26:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Production Status KZ Received 06/18/18 12:00:00 AM
Gate Out 06/23/18 12:11:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/24/18 06:13:00 AM BELVIDERE, IL PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/25/18 06:16:00 AM BELVIDERE, IL PLANT
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 06/25/18 10:42:06 AM BELVIDERE, IL

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Lagertha in sunlight :involve:
Looks good! How did the factory do with the white letters on the spare? Are they centered on the top? I’m just wondering because I’m betting I will have to ask the dealership to fix that.
Sponsored