Sponsored

Houston area jeepers, who is your go-to?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ll be doing quite a bit right off the bat to my new Jeep when I get it. There’s plenty that I can and will do myself. However since I’m completely new to the Jeep world I’d like to know who Houstonian jeepers trust for parts and for work? Where are the best local vendors for in-stock parts? What shops do you trust with work like gear swaps, lift installs, wheel and tire stuff, etc.?
Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Dave at Texas Auto Gear is an excellent place to go for anything gear and drive train related, trusses, gussets, axles for jeeps up to and including Ultra 4 rock bouncer.

New http://www.txautogear.com/

Sorry, here is a link to his site. I warn you this place is way worse than a candy store, and is not just another off road parts store. Dave is the owner and who to talk to.

davejeep.jpg

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I buy online and install myself. Although I'm looking for a good mobile tint guy...

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I buy online and install myself. Although I'm looking for a good mobile tint guy...
I too do all my own installs, lifts and so on, But for gear setups and obtaining hard core parts this guy can do and get it all. Check out his photo gallery on the site above. You'll see what I mean.

Sponsored

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
I've worked with and really like Tank Customs on 1923 Hoskins Dr, Houston, TX 77080. The owner, Chris, is a member on these forums (@TTEChris) and is selfless enough to do things the right way without thinking of making an extra buck off the customer. I feel like I could trust his advice and not be worried about him upselling me.

http://www.tankcustoms.com/

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I’ll be doing quite a bit right off the bat to my new Jeep when I get it. There’s plenty that I can and will do myself. However since I’m completely new to the Jeep world I’d like to know who Houstonian jeepers trust for parts and for work? Where are the best local vendors for in-stock parts? What shops do you trust with work like gear swaps, lift installs, wheel and tire stuff, etc.?
Your posts have been very well-informed and intelligent , @jeepnoob . My question is what vehicles did you have before ? ( since you are new to the Jeep badlands ) ?

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Your posts have been very well-informed and intelligent , @jeepnoob . My question is what vehicles did you have before ? ( since you are new to the Jeep badlands ) ?
I have an F150, a Lexus GS350 F Sport, and an Infiniti G37 Coupe. I’ve had lots of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles over the last 30 years. Lots. Maximas, Stanza, Sentra, 300Z TT. An old 1970 Bonneville. A 79 Toyota Corona. A 72 Cutlass 442. 75 Dodge Coronet. A half dozen small and full sized pickup trucks of all kinds. A sweet 82 Chevy custom conversion van. A 72 Porsche 911 for 2 weeks. And more nondescript beaters that I don’t remember.

But never a Jeep. I’d decided that I wanted to find a pristine CJ7 or a good frame and a good tub to build my own. But prices are obscene and at this stage I’d rather spend more and get the new JL and get everything a CJ has + modern conveniences and comfort without having to build it myself.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have an F150, a Lexus GS350 F Sport, and an Infiniti G37 Coupe. I’ve had lots of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles over the last 30 years. Lots. Maximas, Stanza, Sentra, 300Z TT. An old 1970 Bonneville. A 79 Toyota Corona. A 72 Cutlass 442. 75 Dodge Coronet. A half dozen small and full sized pickup trucks of all kinds. A sweet 82 Chevy custom conversion van. A 72 Porsche 911 for 2 weeks. And more nondescript beaters that I don’t remember.

But never a Jeep. I’d decided that I wanted to find a pristine CJ7 or a good frame and a good tub to build my own. But prices are obscene and at this stage I’d rather spend more and get the new JL and get everything a CJ has + modern conveniences and comfort without having to build it myself.
hehe my dad has a 1983 CJ7 in the woods on our property...I'm supposed to be yanking it out with Lil' Hulk!! When we get around to it...I'll definitely post pics. I'd love to rebuild my dad's but idk if I have the time.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I've worked with and really like Tank Customs on 1923 Hoskins Dr, Houston, TX 77080. The owner, Chris, is a member on these forums (@TTEChris) and is selfless enough to do things the right way without thinking of making an extra buck off the customer. I feel like I could trust his advice and not be worried about him upselling me.

I’m sure I will be talking to @TTEChris soon for a lift, I want to go bigger on tires but apparently a Sahara can only go 33’s with no lift and I would like to have 35’s

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

Now you need the JL , and also a Hellcat and a Trackhawk .

SouthTexasJLU

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Brave Motorsports, Dave is awesome.
Jeep Slop Shop, Christian is awesome as well.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Currently getting some work done with him @TTEChris as well :)

@myfirstjeep Thanks for the bumper *giggles*

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with @TaiMc my Sahara is going in to @TTEChris at Tankcustoms tomorrow and he’s doing an RC 2.5” lift along with the RC spare tire relocator and then putting 35’s on with some new 17” wheels
Sponsored