DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
how will the steel bumpers look in the export (European) rubicon? Have we got a clue based on JK?
how will the steel bumpers look in the export (European) rubicon? Have we got a clue based on JK?
I doubt Europe will even have that option due to pedestrian protection requirements. Maybe they can get a steel rear bumper, though.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I doubt Europe will even have that option due to pedestrian protection requirements. Maybe they can get a steel rear bumper, though.
Jeep/Mopar finally released for sale, the "euro" style replacement wings/ends for the 10A/X/HR/75A/etc front steel bumper that they were showing off at shows for years. I don't think it would be all that difficult to do one for the JL steel bumper too, even easier if the steel JK and JL bumpers are similar enough that the same wings/ends fit both.

andognam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep KJ 2.8CRD
Jeep/Mopar finally released for sale, the "euro" style replacement wings/ends for the 10A/X/HR/75A/etc front steel bumper that they were showing off at shows for years. I don't think it would be all that difficult to do one for the JL steel bumper too, even easier if the steel JK and JL bumpers are similar enough that the same wings/ends fit both.
In some European country like France all change of bumpers or wheel size or suspension kit are forbidden:mad: If a customer change, for example the bumper, the insurance could, in case of an accident, refuse to cover any of the damage. Of course many don't care but very risky if an accident generate damage to people. Even Mopar kit are not possible except if Jeep build directly a variant with the kit. In some other European country (like Italia,Germany,..) it seems to me they could do some change with a special technical control by some organization but far away to be as free as in US or even UK.:(

Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
We’ve seen a lot of undercarriage shots of the Rubicon. These may be the first for the Sahara? Regardless pics are awesome!

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-underbody1.jpg

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-underbody2.jpg

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-underbody3.jpg

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-underbody4.jpg

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-underbody5.jpg

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Painted bumpers serve one purpose: to demonstrate how awesome your Wrangler is at crawling malls.
Hmm. My CJs all have had painted bumpers. And my rover had a bare metal galvanized bumper, until I welded up my own bumper creation and painted it. Either off-road hitting rocks or pushing other vehicles or using the bumper as a makeshift bench while working on something or high lift jacking or whatever - painted metal bumper gets dinged up and you hit it with some additional paint. Painted bumpers are like the opposite of mall crawler.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Back in Black Baby!!!

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
UGH !! Absolutely HATE that they are keeping the crummy old Dueller tyres, they are OK on the street and in warm weather, but they are terrible when they get cold and turn into hockey pucks around 5C/40F, and aren’t even good on gravel or dirt roads, let alone anything else. Just nowhere that they excel that the Wrangler goes, because there are better AT street tryes too.

I was hoping they were going to move to the Silent Armor they’ve been using on Special Editions or even the upgrade Dueller Revo2 they had on the Sports and some test mules. I was even hoping they might go the GoodYear Kevlar Adventure route, as it seems like a good fit if not the Silent Armors.

I realize the KO2s are a bit heavy/stiff/loud for the Softer Side of Sear... errrr... the Sahara, but I was hoping for a better default tyre than the old Duellers.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like they got rid of the need for exhaust extensions or exhaust modification with longer travel shocks by re-routing the piping to clear the driveshaft? It could just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like the driveshaft would just go between the exhaust pipes at full extension.
black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-underbody3-jpg.jpg

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
So Rubicon has hood vents and Sahara does not? This has probably already been commented on but I just noticed this.