Sponsored

Lift for heavy loads?

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
I'm on the road to Argentina with a very heavily loaded Rubicon. Unfortunately the load has given me clearance issues over tougher terrain. Gas tank is lower than the diffs mainly.

Any suggestions on a lift? I'd be happy with just stiffer springs, but open to a lift kit. 2" would be nice, but might have to a taller one.

Need something by late August, before I head south to Mexico.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I can’t knowledgably advise you on the best lift for your application, but I’m very interested in your trip. Do you have sponsorships? Are you going to overland cross the Darién Gap in your Jeep?

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was getting a little sag from warn bumper and winch on stock rubicon but put on two inch lift and perfect now. I am hoping it is enough for Gobi Rack and roof top tent later

9C0801E6-6122-42F0-82F0-3A3E5F3A7750.jpeg

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Don’t believe AEV has their lift out yet, but that’s where I would look.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeppesen.io

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was getting a little sag from warn bumper and winch on stock rubicon but put on two inch lift and perfect now. I am hoping it is enough for Gobi Rack and roof top tent later

9C0801E6-6122-42F0-82F0-3A3E5F3A7750.jpeg
Very nice! Which lift kit? Mopar?

OP
OP
jeppesen.io

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t knowledgably advise you on the best lift for your application, but I’m very interested in your trip. Do you have sponsorships? Are you going to overland cross the Darién Gap in your Jeep?
No sponsorships just girlfriend, little dog and I.

Quit our jobs for a few years for this. We're adventurous, but I don't have what it takes to drive the Darian just going to ship it from Panama.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
No sponsorships just girlfriend, little dog and I.

Quit our jobs for a few years for this. We're adventurous, but I don't have what it takes to drive the Darian just going to ship it from Panama.
How long (time wise) is this trip??? Without that crossing I wouldn’t think it would take more than a few months tops, taking it very slow. I love to travel, particularly in Latin America so it’s very interesting to me.

Several years ago a buddy and I considered going to SĂŁo Paulo and renting a 4x4 to travel through Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, through Paso Internacional Los Libertadore into Chile, then Bolivia, and Peru. But when it actually came to actually planning it out in detail, it seemed like an awful lot of work and we ended up just doing a week in Peru and climmbing Machu Picchu and visiting Cusco. Kudos to you sir.
Sponsored