2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Has anyone ordered a small can of spray paint in Ocean Blue? Color code is PBM but that comes up on Quadratec as Steel Blue Metallic and I can't seem to find it on the Mopar site.

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Had mine since 5/3! I posted several pics if you want to go back and check them out

9E721FFA-DBC0-49CC-96E0-D4FDC2B17E36.jpeg
Finally a color matched Ocean Blue! This is gorgeous. I'm in JB hell but this is what I ordered also. Love the LOOK of it. Congrats on this!

Sponsored

Simon311

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubicon, Ocean Blue, 6spd
Occupation
Real Estate
Hello Friends,

I ordered an OB Rubicon on May 2nd from a dealership here in the Chicago area. I did my best to track the vehicle through the process via weekly contact with Jeep Customer Care and it was finished about 3 weeks ago. I finally got word yesterday that it was delivered, although no one could or would tell me when it was being shipped (I assumed to the their backlog). Im trading in my 2009 JKU Sahara and excited to be a JL owner. Ill post pics once I have it home!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
installed jeepbackbone rear deck. Now I can run the jeep without the hard top through light rain and have a somewhat secure place for a briefcase / golf clubs. Well designed product, highly recommend.

Backbone3.jpg
Backbone2.jpg
Backbone1.jpg
Does this offer any sort of security from theft? It looks like it screws down from the outside, so it can be removed even with the tailgate shut. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, how are you liking the JTOPS shade in tan with the the tan seats? It looks like a very good match. Have you spent much time in the jeep with the top up and the shade installed?

Last edited:

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Yes, it does offer security. There are brackets inside the enclosure that hold the top down from the inside.

Love the JTOPS shade and the tan matches well. The hard top goes on just fine with the shade installed but I'm still working on the sag over the drives side with the top installed. I'm 6'4" and the sag touches my head if I sit up straight.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yes, it does offer security. There are brackets inside the enclosure that hold the top down from the inside.

Love the JTOPS shade and the tan matches well. The hard top goes on just fine with the shade installed but I'm still working on the sag over the drives side with the top installed. I'm 6'4" and the sag touches my head if I sit up straight.
Awesome. That's the one thing that I was worried about with the jtops shade, since I spend the majority of my time with the hardtop on. Does it look good with the tan interior having the roof color matched?
Sponsored