Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry HRDRCK that your having to deal with this while you should be out enjoying the weather in your NEW Jeep! It's one thing if you caused your Jeep's first scratch or knick.....but it just stings so much more when someone else is at fault.
Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
http://topsyproducts.com/

The current JL Hoist brackets they are selling are ALL powder-coated Red with either Red, Yellow or Black straps....if you want black hinges it will be approx 1-2 months before they are available. I think the Red look great on the Rubi Stinger.
Thanks

Sponsored

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
Soooo... update on the wrap/ scratch ordeal... initially inspection, talking to either the owner or manager not really for sure what he is. He looked over all of the spots, even put his finger nail in the ones on the hinges and hood that were done with the razor knife and stated there’s pretty much no other option besides to be repainted... He said the one on the door he thinks they can buff out, I said to him I don’t believe you’re going to be able to buff that out you might smooth the clear but you can clearly see it is a gouge so you will always be able to see a mark.

They took my jeep back to fix bubbles, also to buff the scratches out even though they said they were having a body shop look at it and see what they thought....

After bringing the jeep back up to me, they said they fixed all of the bubbles and was able to buff the scratches out of the door.. then the guy said you can still see a little bit of a line but the scratch itself is gone and ask me what do you think? I look at him and said I think it’s still a scratch on my brand new Jeep... he then goes ON..... And shows me a spot on the henge

oh you see this right here, that was actually already there that was a factory defect in the paint we didn’t even touch that...

I got extremely pissed and almost went off on him... I said well that’s a fucking lie.......... you tried to buff that out and went down to far.... I have pictures SHOWING that was NOT there.....

I think they wet sanded the bumper part or something like that and got most marks out... so whatever, I’m might be fine with that... the door you can still see the grooves in it I’m not OK.. I’m not ok with lies or fucking my Jeep up...

pretty much after I told them that’s a lie I have numerous pictures proving that was not there...

I told him it’s completely unacceptable that they need to fix everything it needs to look is like the factory paint job that I don’t want to tell a difference and a complete refund of the entire wrap.

So tomorrow it’s going to some shop before they do anything they’re giving me the work order showing what’s going to be done they’re giving me a rental car and a refund but I’m still going to have them do something in writing of what is being done and that they are giving me a full refund.

D248773D-AFAE-4ABE-93AF-9B59FB23AB75.jpeg

D18899E5-C2D4-44C0-92DB-E98C701A9531.jpeg

6468AD1F-5A2C-4822-8DB1-F754154337FB.jpeg
Some straight up BS...I’d be losing my fuckin’ mind too.

Sorry to hear this is happening...don’t let up on em...GREAT that you have photos!!!

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Finally!! Tomorrow should be the day if it didn’t already show up at the end of the day today. (142 miles from Toledo).

5tn6ray (Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL - Sting-Gray)
Date ordered: 04/23/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/06/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 06/03/18 02:20:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/03/18 07:56:00 AM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/04/18 09:36:00 AM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Production Status KZ Received 06/07/18 12:00:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/20/18 11:27:00 AM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 06/21/18 02:47:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC (on truck to dealer)
thumbsup.gif

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Finally!! Tomorrow should be the day if it didn’t already show up at the end of the day today. (142 miles from Toledo).
Congrats! Where do you get such detailed info? I placed my order in late March and have been in KZ forever.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Some straight up BS...I’d be losing my fuckin’ mind too.

Sorry to hear this is happening...don’t let up on em...GREAT that you have photos!!!
Yes, the irony is she went to this place to protect her paint :facepalm:
Sponsored