First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What is on your door hinges?
They're Atlas steps. They flip out so you can stand on them and reach the roof. I didn't see one's for the JL so I'm assuming they're JKs modded to add the red and fit (if that was needed)

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
How do you know that you are waiting on painted hard top? When did you order? I ordered June 1st and I hope I don’t get stuck waiting for mine. Is it restricted?
I called the Jeep Customer Care team at (877) 426-5337. Spoke with a gal, gave her the VIN, and she pulled up the info and stated it was in the yard waiting on the top. Sounds like lots of folks are in JB waiting on options like headliner or painted hard top etc

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The new JL Hoist Hinge. (Credit: Taken from their site)

A0170F97-66DB-41B2-A8B8-00ED87D56C69.jpeg

Sponsored

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
Soooo... update on the wrap/ scratch ordeal... initially inspection, talking to either the owner or manager not really for sure what he is. He looked over all of the spots, even put his finger nail in the ones on the hinges and hood that were done with the razor knife and stated there’s pretty much no other option besides to be repainted... He said the one on the door he thinks they can buff out, I said to him I don’t believe you’re going to be able to buff that out you might smooth the clear but you can clearly see it is a gouge so you will always be able to see a mark.

They took my jeep back to fix bubbles, also to buff the scratches out even though they said they were having a body shop look at it and see what they thought....

After bringing the jeep back up to me, they said they fixed all of the bubbles and was able to buff the scratches out of the door.. then the guy said you can still see a little bit of a line but the scratch itself is gone and ask me what do you think? I look at him and said I think it’s still a scratch on my brand new Jeep... he then goes ON..... And shows me a spot on the henge

oh you see this right here, that was actually already there that was a factory defect in the paint we didn’t even touch that...

I got extremely pissed and almost went off on him... I said well that’s a fucking lie.......... you tried to buff that out and went down to far.... I have pictures SHOWING that was NOT there.....

I think they wet sanded the bumper part or something like that and got most marks out... so whatever, I’m might be fine with that... the door you can still see the grooves in it I’m not OK.. I’m not ok with lies or fucking my Jeep up...

pretty much after I told them that’s a lie I have numerous pictures proving that was not there...

I told him it’s completely unacceptable that they need to fix everything it needs to look is like the factory paint job that I don’t want to tell a difference and a complete refund of the entire wrap.

So tomorrow it’s going to some shop before they do anything they’re giving me the work order showing what’s going to be done they’re giving me a rental car and a refund but I’m still going to have them do something in writing of what is being done and that they are giving me a full refund.

D248773D-AFAE-4ABE-93AF-9B59FB23AB75.jpeg

D18899E5-C2D4-44C0-92DB-E98C701A9531.jpeg

6468AD1F-5A2C-4822-8DB1-F754154337FB.jpeg

Last edited:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Soooo... update on the wrap/ scratch ordeal... initially inspection, talking to either the owner or manager not really for sure what he is. He looked over all of the spots, even put his finger nail in the ones on the hinges and hood that were done with the razor knife and stated there’s pretty much no other option besides to be repainted... He said the one on the door he thinks they can buff out, I said to him I don’t believe you’re going to be able to buff that out you might smooth the clear but you can clearly see it is a gouge so you will always be able to see a mark.

They took my jeep back to fix bubbles, also to buff the scratches out even though they said they were having a body shop look at it and see what they thought....

After bringing the jeep back up to me, they said they fixed all of the bubbles and was able to buff the scratches out of the door.. then the guy said you can still see a little bit of a line but the scratch itself is gone and ask me what do you think? I look at him and said I think it’s still a scratch on my brand new Jeep... he then goes ON..... And shows me a spot on the henge

oh you see this right here, that was actually already there that was a factory defect in the paint we didn’t even touch that...

I got extremely pissed and almost went off on him... I said well that’s a fucking lie.......... you tried to buff that out and went down to far.... I have pictures SHOWING that was NOT there.....

I think they wet sanded the bumper part or something like that and got most marks out... so whatever, I’m might be fine with that... the door you can still see the grooves in it I’m not OK.. I’m not ok with lies or fucking my Jeep up...

pretty much after I told them that’s a lie I have numerous pictures proving that was not there...

I told him it’s completely unacceptable that they need to fix everything it needs to look is like the factory paint job that I don’t want to tell a difference and a complete refund of the entire wrap.

So tomorrow it’s going to some shop before they do anything they’re giving me the work order showing what’s going to be done they’re giving me a rental car and a refund but I’m still going to have them do something in writing of what is being done and that they are giving me a full refund.

D248773D-AFAE-4ABE-93AF-9B59FB23AB75.jpeg

D18899E5-C2D4-44C0-92DB-E98C701A9531.jpeg

6468AD1F-5A2C-4822-8DB1-F754154337FB.jpeg
:facepalm: The whole point of a wrap is to PROTECT the paint. Keep on them girl!:angry:

thatdesertgirl

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Rubicon JLU, 2011 Desert Sand JK Sport (sold), 2009 Jeep Commander
I just hit KZ !! Jeep said my Sting Gray shipped today! I think that means it should be available at my dealer in 4 weeks from what I understand.. Has that been anyone else's experience? I have to plan a flight to Idaho to pick it up..

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just hit KZ !! Jeep said my Sting Gray shipped today! I think that means it should be available at my dealer in 4 weeks from what I understand.. Has that been anyone else's experience? I have to plan a flight to Idaho to pick it up..
4 weeks in transit??? That’s long!

Sponsored

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Looking at built dates to delivery times for some of the more recent builds on Jeep Garage, 3-4 weeks is probably a fair estimation. Mine went into KZ on June 17th and my "estimated" delivery date is July 4th - 8th. Since you have travel plans involved, you may want to sign up for tracking at jeepgarage.org ... it will cost you about $30, but it keeps you from calling into the hotline, contacting your dealer or talking with Jeep Chat (all of which I had trouble getting accurate info from)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Mine was a day or two short of three weeks, without any railway involved. Only truck.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That's a cool accessory - link?
http://topsyproducts.com/

The current JL Hoist brackets they are selling are ALL powder-coated Red with either Red, Yellow or Black straps....if you want black hinges it will be approx 1-2 months before they are available. I think the Red look great on the Rubi Stinger.