Sponsored

BLACK Wrangler JL Club

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hey guys! New to the forum and new to Jeep Wranglers. First off, LOVE this thing! I have been eyeballing this forum for some time now and "try" not to get attacked by the forum police when asking questions or having any concerns. That said, I have had my JL for 3 weeks now have haven't touched my other vehicles. I get compliments on the regular and love the Jeep Wave. I have a few pictures and though it may not be tasteful to some, 20" wheels, I love it (I'm not sure why it uploaded one pic twice). The fact that I see all of these stock and custom Jeeps, I find it hard to see any that are exactly the same. So what have done so far with it?... I started with the XD Series 20" wheels inside a Open Country 35" tire setup. I went to the Mopar 2" lift and it is plenty for me. I also installed a pair of N-Fab Nerf Bars, I went with gloss black, again, to each is their own. Lastly, but I think it's a cleaner look was the 13" stubby antenna. I really don't listen to the radio so haven't even tested out the reception quality. More will come in due time! Especially getting inspiration from this forum.
IMG_5205.jpg
IMG_5205.jpg
IMG_5204.jpg
Awesome Jeep DRoc84! The black is awesome on these, especially with the touches of red from the Rubicon package. Welcome to the Jeep world, I mean the disease, I mean the mental condition. The 20s look great; should be a very fun vehicle!
Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Looks sick! Difficult to install?
Only difficulty was not having some of the correct tools. Needed deep sockets for the stock bumper bolts, and I highly recommend a set of trim pulling tools as the stock bumper is riddled with pop clips. Watch this video to decide aswell, its what tipped my hand.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
Only difficulty was not having some of the correct tools. Needed deep sockets for the stock bumper bolts, and I highly recommend a set of trim pulling tools as the stock bumper is riddled with pop clips. Watch this video to decide aswell, its what tipped my hand.
Sweet. Thanks boss

Sponsored

DesertDuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶J̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶W̶r̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶i̶c̶o̶n̶ 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! I've been quietly lurking on here the past couple weeks absorbing all things JL, and finally decided to get involved. I purchased my first (ever) JLUR over Memorial Day weekend and after 2 weeks of ownership can say I am loving the Jeep life. I've already taken it off-roading a couple times and this thing's a beast, can't wait to take it out on more adventures! I was torn on picking the exterior color, I liked the Granite Crystal Metallic and Black, but in the end Black won. I haven't modified it in anyway yet, and not sure I will as i'm satisfied with the stock look. But I've heard from fellow Jeep owners that everyone starts out that way and then gets sucked in, so time will tell! 1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Hey everyone! I've been quietly lurking on here the past couple weeks absorbing all things JL, and finally decided to get involved. I purchased my first (ever) JLUR over Memorial Day weekend and after 2 weeks of ownership can say I am loving the Jeep life. I've already taken it off-roading a couple times and this thing's a beast, can't wait to take it out on more adventures! I was torn on picking the exterior color, I liked the Granite Crystal Metallic and Black, but in the end Black won. I haven't modified it in anyway yet, and not sure I will as i'm satisfied with the stock look. But I've heard from fellow Jeep owners that everyone starts out that way and then gets sucked in, so time will tell! 1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
Yeah Black JLs are back! Looking good!

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just a bit excited...... I ordered a black JLUR several weeks ago but got very impatient with the process. So I used the Jeep.com site to configure a similar JLUR and then changed the zip code until I found one close enough. I am flying from Dallas to Houston tomorrow morning to pick up my 2018 JLUR in black, with black body colored roof and fenders, as well as the elusive tan leather interior.

By tomorrow night I will be ordering my 37 inch BFG K02's, KMC Rockstar 17 inch wheels, Mopar 2 inch lift kit, Warn Zeon 10-s winch, Factor 55 Flatlink, 24 in Antenna X antenna, Hotheads headliner, Tazer JL tuner, and Rock Slide Engineering drop down step. OMG that sounds like a lot of money......

Last edited:

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I'm just a bit excited...... I ordered a black JLUR several weeks ago but got very impatient with the process. So I used the Jeep.com site to configure a similar JLUR and then changed the zip code until I found one close enough. I am flying from Dallas to Houston tomorrow morning to pick up my 2018 JLUR in black, with black body colored roof and fenders, as well as the elusive tan leather interior.

By tomorrow night I will be ordering my 37 inch BFG K02's, KMC Rockstar 17 inch wheels, Mopar 2 inch lift kit, Warn Zeon 10-s winch, Factor 55 Flatlink, 24 in Antenna X antenna, Hotheads headliner, Tazer JL tuner, and Rock Slide Engineering drop down step. OMG that sounds like a lot of money......
Can’t wait to see- love rockstars!

Sponsored

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2016 Chrysler 200
Is that sheep bridge. It looks familiar. I have a black rubi as well with the stock rims.

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Here is what I picked up today. Now I get to empty my piggy bank on upgrades.

IMG_0189 2.jpg

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Here is my black on black JLUR.

Added 20% 3M tint and painted the wheels satin black. It's runnin gon 35 inch Khumo MTKL71s and my 1.5/1 inch spacer goes on tomorrow!

Edit: second picture is after the 1.5/1 Traxda spacer lift

View attachment 58496

8D0BACCB-0E34-44D5-A9E8-521A1401E4CB.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited: