MOLLE mount for a tablet?

ItMustBeJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR PUNK'N
I just discovered the MOLLE straps in my JLUR. Handy feature.

While I'll get overland adventures some day, for now there are more days with my 3 year old in the back seat than not. That got me to thinking -- has anyone found an iPad (or other tablet) case that can naively mount to the MOLLE straps?

I've found a few like this 12-inch generic table holder (amazon.com) that provide a full, enclosed case that has MOLLE straps. But I'm thinking more along the lines of something that has the screen visible for viewing on long trips.

Or is there a way to adhere a pre-fab MOLLE anchor of some sort to a standard tablet case? That might work too.
Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I just discovered the MOLLE straps in my JLUR. Handy feature.

While I'll get overland adventures some day, for now there are more days with my 3 year old in the back seat than not. That got me to thinking -- has anyone found an iPad (or other tablet) case that can naively mount to the MOLLE straps?

I've found a few like this 12-inch generic table holder (amazon.com) that provide a full, enclosed case that has MOLLE straps. But I'm thinking more along the lines of something that has the screen visible for viewing on long trips.

Or is there a way to adhere a pre-fab MOLLE anchor of some sort to a standard tablet case? That might work too.
I'm looking for the same thing! If you find one you like, please share :)

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I haven’t looked into this but I have an ottorbox for my iPad. I would weave a velcro strap through the molle and secure it around the hard plastic case, then push the iPad with ottorbox soft case in place onto its hard plastic case.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Isn't that too low? There are hundreds of tablet-holders that mount to the headrest support rods, just use one of those. I have one that supports a tablet between the two front seats for two kids to see.

I swear some people on here would pay $50 for a MOLLE toilet-paper holder.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Isn't that too low? There are hundreds of tablet-holders that mount to the headrest support rods, just use one of those. I have one that supports a tablet between the two front seats for two kids to see.

I swear some people on here would pay $50 for a MOLLE toilet-paper holder.
If that’s not a thing we should make that a thing.

OP
OP
ItMustBeJames

ItMustBeJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR PUNK'N
Isn't that too low? There are hundreds of tablet-holders that mount to the headrest support rods, just use one of those.
Two fair points. I'm not a fan of extra junk in the cabin. It's just more crap to fly around and hit people in an accident. So my thought was that this would be a pretty minimalist solution that was well secured.

I hadn't considered the height factor though. I'll have to check that out.
Sponsored