Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Finally got her home today after more than two weeks out of town.

IMG_20180615_185117.jpg

IMG_20180615_185143.jpg
Sponsored

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
Please, please, please post some more photos of this wrap job. I am so interesting in do this too. Which flavor of Xpel did you get?
I got unlimited plus, self healing. I did not do the FULL wrap in Stl it's running 5-6k depending if you want the top done or not. hood, grill a pillars, both front and rear flares. (Replaced the factory on the back.) I'm still up in the air if it's worth it or not. Gives it a plastic look, slight color difference. There seems to be a lot of bubbles, they said it takes 72 hrs to cure and they should go away, or contact them... After just looking if over I'm not sure I would want them to do it again... seems they scratched it in a few places.... I had to just walk away I was getting pissed... I Know it wasn't there I just hand washed it yesterday and went only there after. Most people probably wouldn't even notice them, but I have very high attention to detail, My working surface is normally less than the size of the tooth I'm working on.... If I scratch it, that's one thing, when I'm paying someone to put a protective film to PREVENT scratches I would think they would be extra careful... They came highly recommend and have they best reviews in the area. I would think they wouldn't have anything near someones car that could scratch it.

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
I got unlimited plus, self healing. I did not do the FULL wrap in Stl it's running 5-6k depending if you want the top done or not. hood, grill a pillars, both front and rear flares. (Replaced the factory on the back.) I'm still up in the air if it's worth it or not. Gives it a plastic look, slight color difference. There seems to be a lot of bubbles, they said it takes 72 hrs to cure and they should go away, or contact them... After just looking if over I'm not sure I would want them to do it again... seems they scratched it in a few places.... I had to just walk away I was getting pissed... I Know it wasn't there I just hand washed it yesterday and went only there after. Most people probably wouldn't even notice them, but I have very high attention to detail, My working surface is normally less than the size of the tooth I'm working on.... If I scratch it, that's one thing, when I'm paying someone to put a protective film to PREVENT scratches I would think they would be extra careful... They came highly recommend and have they best reviews in the area. I would think they wouldn't have anything near someones car that could scratch it.
Damn. I’m sorry to hear that. My attention to detail is high too...take pride in what I have and what I do.

That sucks...so sorry.

Sponsored

First Name
Nicolette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU 2015
720D8C93-8F10-4549-8C00-EC81B7EBEF0F.jpeg
My JL ate a bit of the JK!

Is your JL lifted? I love it! Looks to be exactly what I just ordered. Just curious to know if you lifted it because I was thinking about it but if that’s it not lifted then I may keep it as is seeing I am only 5 ft tall!

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
I'm sure @XPEL would be interested in hearing about your experience.

Sponsored

ChicagoShoop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just picked my SG Rubi up last night at Tyson motors. No games were played when it came to the negotiated price and was presently surprised at the cheap extended warranty options for being a Tread Lightly member. Took a like $2500 package down to $950 or so. No brainer for me, covers the whole financing term. Jason was awesome to work with as was Adam and JP in financing. It took a while to close the deal, mostly my fault because I was stubborn with my trade in. At the end I’m going to take the trade in to car max today to get the cash. Wife met me there from work so we had three vehicles there. Adam arranged a porter to take my trade to car max for me this morning free of charge. Only hiccup in the whole process was that I have a scratch in the paint on the driver side. This was documented and Jason is going to set me up with an appointment to send that part to their body shop to have it redone, provide me with a free loaner, and he was including something else but I don’t remember. It was about a 8 week wait total from order to pickup. Couldn’t be happier with this beautiful machine!

9DF6CECD-D11A-40F0-B9FC-ED7AA8699A13.jpeg

C350DB09-6745-4045-95DB-882E02776AB4.jpeg

B4C78524-46C4-40F6-A6C2-8BEC1C636B93.jpeg

363FDF63-2FBD-4074-84F8-40C05EAA73E2.jpeg

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Well I ordered on 5/19. Let’s hope it moves out of D1 quickly and starts getting built because I sold my car a little quicker than I thought. Gonna suck driving around in my kids car for weeks.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked my SG Rubi up last night at Tyson motors. No games were played when it came to the negotiated price and was presently surprised at the cheap extended warranty options for being a Tread Lightly member. Took a like $2500 package down to $950 or so. No brainer for me, covers the whole financing term. Jason was awesome to work with as was Adam and JP in financing. It took a while to close the deal, mostly my fault because I was stubborn with my trade in. At the end I’m going to take the trade in to car max today to get the cash. Wife met me there from work so we had three vehicles there. Adam arranged a porter to take my trade to car max for me this morning free of charge. Only hiccup in the whole process was that I have a scratch in the paint on the driver side. This was documented and Jason is going to set me up with an appointment to send that part to their body shop to have it redone, provide me with a free loaner, and he was including something else but I don’t remember. It was about a 8 week wait total from order to pickup. Couldn’t be happier with this beautiful machine!

That's awesome man, your look says it all for sure! Sorry to hear about the scratch, just makes me even more keen once I get the opportunity to visualize mine in person. Glad to hear that the experience at Tyson's was mostly pleasant as I look forward to my visit there. Happy Jeep'n to you and congratulations on winning the race sir. Cheers :beer:

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again to #Yakpimp for setting up the jl.cryptostickers.net. It made my morning seeing my Window Sticker for the first time. Here's hoping to a smooth yet expedited over-the-road haul for my build up to Chicago area.
Sponsored

Attachments