old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
TY intentsrig...That would qualify since i paid for spots non refundable and have receipts.
Make them pay , @JASPER ; Make them pay !

I know it is not easy , but the Marine Corps has a one word saying : " Payback ! "

While you are at it , don't let them ruin your vacation ; rent a rig and enjoy your vacation , and then send all receipts to FCA .
Sponsored

OP
OP
JASPER

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
They swapped the auxiliary cpu with one from a lot rubicon and it fixed it. They are doing the recall on the ceuise conteol and checking the play in steering and well be done.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
They swapped the auxiliary cpu with one from a lot rubicon and it fixed it. They are doing the recall on the ceuise conteol and checking the play in steering and well be done.
Now they will sell the lot rubicon to an unsuspecting innocent .

OP
OP
JASPER

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Now they will sell the lot rubicon to an unsuspecting innocent .
Im sure they will install the new one in it when they get it in

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
FCA will address the problem once they get to root cause. Financially it’s in their best interest, it costs much more to field repair or recall than it does to build it correctly in the first place. Today’s vehicles have so much more electronics and software than even a few years ago that it isn’t surprising that issues are surfacing given they’ve now built ~70K of the JL, in a almost vertical ramp.

That said, I feel badly for the OP, getting stranded is horrible, regardless of how or when. I only hope FCA has actually gotten to root cause so it never happens again. My fingers are crossed.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Financially it’s in their best interest, it costs much more to field repair or recall than it does to build it correctly in the first place.
Financially They Think it's in their best interest to rush the builds , and sell them for high gouge prices first , and then worry about the inevitable problems later , if ever .

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Financially They Think it's in their best interest to rush the builds , and sell them for high gouge prices first , and then worry about the inevitable problems later , if ever .
I’m sorry but you don’t understand how public companies operate, if you believe what you wrote. To begin with, is this a Design problem, a Manufaturing problem or a Supplier problem. Until root cause is established everything is meaningless speculation. FCA has zero upside to product problems and in today’s world of ubiquitous social media, where little if anything goes unreported and facts often give way to hyperbole. As for huge profits, the automobile industry is extremely competitive and no mainstream car maker is making huge profits, that’s confined to Facebook, Google and Apple.
Sponsored