Sponsored

FIRECRACKER RED Wrangler JL Club

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I'm about to pull the trigger on a red Rubicon with color fenders and top. Worried it's a bit too much. Anyone have second thoughts about the color. I love it one minute then think it's too bright the next. I'm between white and red. Could be I'm just coming out of an all black sahara
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm about to pull the trigger on a red Rubicon with color fenders and top. Worried it's a bit too much. Anyone have second thoughts about the color. I love it one minute then think it's too bright the next. I'm between white and red. Could be I'm just coming out of an all black sahara
I was all in on the color match top, but the more I see it with the soft top, the more I'm convinced to get the black top/painted fenders. But definitely staying red.

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
236C2B06-6DC9-42EE-ADA1-29CA7118E359.jpeg
78F63DE5-4239-4EFA-A1AD-F1E8DA7FFB06.jpeg
I was torn between white or red both with colored hard top. I would have LOVED a sting gray as well, but didn’t want to wait to order.
I’m loving my build...it’s my first “colored” vehicle and first Jeep. I know it’s too much color for some, and a lot of people feel Jeeps look best with a black top. I think whatever you like best makes it your own. For me, that’s part of the fun with a Jeep. I’m going to add black wheels and new tires too...just because that’s the look I like best.

JCo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JLU
Vehicle Showcase
FCR JLU Sport S with 33" KO2s (kept on my sport wheels). Cheers!
front1.jpg
I have my JLU Sport S coming in the next 2 weeks with the same rims. I was looking to move up in tire size to 33s and really like the look of these. How is the road noise compared to the stock tires and what size tire did you get to fit these rims?

Sponsored

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
No offense to body color top owners - esp in the case of Firecracker Red, it's just too much. Contrast is needed. I purposely wanted a black top. The body color top makes it look more like a regular SUV rather than a Wrangler. Just my humble 2 cents. But to each his/her own, and personalization is always a good thing.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
No offense to body color top owners - esp in the case of Firecracker Red, it's just too much. Contrast is needed. I purposely wanted a black top. The body color top makes it look more like a regular SUV rather than a Wrangler. Just my humble 2 cents. But to each his/her own, and personalization is always a good thing.
I was thinking this at first. Black top with red. When we saw the red top we knew this is what we want, not black. LOL

saammm

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and 2018 JL Wrangler
Jeep just came in yesterday! Going to go to dealership and pick it up tomorrow. Quick question what does everyone recommend for tire size? I have a 2 inch leveling kit and I was wondering what size tire I can get?

IMG_8243.JPG

Sponsored

SurfingJeep

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport (soon I hope), BMW 335xi M-Sport
Jeep just came in yesterday! Going to go to dealership and pick it up tomorrow. Quick question what does everyone recommend for tire size? I have a 2 inch leveling kit and I was wondering what size tire I can get?
Nice! Is that a JL or JLU? Was at Global earlier today but didn't see it. Been waiting patiently for the first couple of 2 doors to hit the dealers around here.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I have my JLU Sport S coming in the next 2 weeks with the same rims. I was looking to move up in tire size to 33s and really like the look of these. How is the road noise compared to the stock tires and what size tire did you get to fit these rims?
Hey JCo,

Sometimes while driving slow I can hear the tires but overall I did not notice any significant road noise. They are 33" KO2s. JLUR take offs. I purchased them with JLUR wheels too but decided to keep the Sport wheels.

Cheers!

Reactions: JCo

7Nations

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, Fiesta ST 2017
@SurfingJeep I was looking around for a 2door... afaik there aren't any in NJ yet, plus my commute is upto 1:30 each way (and read that 4dr was better on the road). I ended up buying JLU Sport S (with dual roof, cos it's NJ weather +tech & cold) from Salerno & Duerte in Summit.

gungadin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I picked up my loaded Rubicon last week with the color matched dual top option. Took the top off after a day to store until winter. It definitely is a positive evolution from my 2 door Willys Wheeler. I loved the tank color that I had, but I couldn't pass up the Firecracker Red. Loving it! Went back and forth about having "too much red," but I decided to try this for a change. Very happy with the results.
IMG_2189.jpg
IMG_2193.jpg
IMG_2231.jpg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
^ very nice. Maybe I'm growing to like the body color matched top a little more too :) Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Btw, how's the process of installing and removing (completely) the soft top? Am debating if it's worth removing it completely.
Sponsored