STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Well, my financing is finished :) I’m happy with the 2.75% for six years. Now, hoping to get her by the end of the week. I can see the end in sight:handsinair:
That is so awesome, plus a great rate for six years. She is almost home. So happy for you! :handsinair:

Sponsored

B417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
Fantastic! You have quite the system in place:)
It was actually very easy. Just bought the Racor lift on Amazon, installed per instructions (which was fairly easy), cut some pool noodles and used some ratchet straps to strap the top to the bottom of the lift. It’s very sturdy with no sway at all and I can store my freedom panels on top. I’ll store the soft top on it when I switch back in late fall.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping she’ll be delivered the end of this week:)
Its about time:like: Glad to see you are going to be picking it up very soon. I will hold my congrats on the new ride when you take delivery....I dont want to jinx you ;)

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I ordered April 21. I asked the dealer how long it would take because I had been hearing that it would take 12 weeks. He assured me that it would be 4-6 weeks, so I ordered. I’ve been checking in every do often with Jeep and I’m KZ at this point, but I’m currently in the 7th week and Jeep keeps telling me to to call back next week or in a few days for an ETA. I feel like I should have just waited and ordered a 2019. Should I call up and complain? Would it do any good?
I am right there with you, I ordered on April 12 ...couple of weeks ago I had a build date of June7 ... now my new build date is mid July ... going to talk to my dealer today, if they can not expedite and potentially renegotiate our price, I think that I will cancel the order, wait for MY19 and go to a different dealer

Sponsored

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! What paint did you use and how well does it match the outside? Can't wait to see it all done.
I used this adhesion primer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007UAXJQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this base coat: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0769Z3NJQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It appears darker when inside the vehicle, just because lighting is poor. Because of the texture of the surface, it is definitely not an exact match to the exterior. It might be closer if you clearcoated it, but I was just done at that point. It took about 1.5 cans of Gray to do the freedom tops and get good coverage. If I had it to do over, I might just do black because it would be cheaper. But I do like the Gray.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Its about time:like: Glad to see you are going to be picking it up very soon. I will hold my congrats on the new ride when you take delivery....I dont want to jinx you ;)
Ahaha! Thanks, I appreciate that :)