Sponsored

I decided to make the Jeep Jurassic World promo decal...

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Looks just like the commercial, you did it well, seems too large for my tastes.

OP
OP
kogar

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Looks just like the commercial, you did it well, seems too large for my tastes.
It won't stay there permanently. I tend to keep my decals on for a month or so, then do something else. I just decided this would be fun in time with the movie release this month. :)

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Ill buy one! except about 10x's smaller...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
It won't stay there permanently. I tend to keep my decals on for a month or so, then do something else. I just decided this would be fun in time with the movie release this month. :)
The problem with the decals as such, is that often, IF you leave them in place to long, when you remove them, you can still see the shape of the decal on your painted surface, thanks to the Sun. Often, you can get this out but then again, sometimes you cannot not.

Ask anyone that has debadged a vehicle that is say a few months old... they will confirm what i'm saying.

OP
OP
kogar

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
The problem with the decals as such, is that often, IF you leave them in place to long, when you remove them, you can still see the shape of the decal on your painted surface, thanks to the Sun. Often, you can get this out but then again, sometimes you cannot not.

Ask anyone that has debadged a vehicle that is say a few months old... they will confirm what i'm saying.
Oh I know exactly what you're saying. Most of my decals don't stay on longer than a month. Some do though, and I will almost certainly see side effects of sun-fading. I think of it much like branch scratches or rock rashes -- part of owning a Jeep. I didn't buy mine to be a mall crawler :)

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I love it! Now if someone can make a 3D version I'd definitely replace the "Jeep" emblems on the side. :)

upload_2018-6-7_11-7-27.png
give me a link the artwork you used for the dinos...and I can create a 3d file for you.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That would make a great t-shirt!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kogar

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Where did you have it made out of curiosity?
I fired up Adobe Illustrator, worked from the Jeep commercial image and created the dino and found the right font for the J and p letters, saved it, then pushed it to my vinyl cutter.

Just to be clear: To my knowledge, nobody had made this before, other than what we saw in the Jeep commercial. This is my own interpretation of the image.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
An illustrator file would be perfect. Then I don't need to recreate the curves. If you are interested let me know. I can kick it out for 3D printing or a generic FBX file that you can take just about anywhere.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
OK...have a prototype 3D model. If anyone wants to 3D print these things I will clean up the model a bit more send me a PM and email address. Texture can be what ever you need from flat to lizard/dino skin.

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 2.41.56 PM.png
Sponsored