Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Anecdotal, but my wife is always getting compliments on her HellaYella. But the happy yellow matches her personality - happy. So that probably gives off some vibes with it that invite comments.
Jeep girls always get more compliments (and followers) than Jeep guys LOL.
Sponsored

BillB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep HellaYella Sahara. 3.6L 8-Speed.
I've also received many compliments over the 4 1/2 years I've owned my 2018 HellaYella Sahara. I didn't want a boring gray model and have been happy from day one, though my family is, shall we say, less enthusiastic. I agree on the hideousness of the Velocity Yellow.

toothirtyj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellayella JL Willys, 3.6L/6MT, 4.10's
Occupation
LE
This was from a gas-up during a trip my GF and I took from Indy to Duck, NC with my 110 lb German Shepherd last October. Back seat was left in but folded up and the pup was happy with plenty of leg stretch breaks. Jeep ran a little warm during the trip but didn't overheat and all our gear survived the trip there and back.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club PXL_20221009_121522068

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club PXL_20221009_115012284

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Just wanted to make a post here in this thread after 1.5+ years of ownership of a yellow Wrangler.

I'm not one to care too terribly much what others think anymore, but I haven't gotten a single "unsolicited" compliment on it. (My Dad surprisingly liked it. A neighbor commented positively, but I feel like he had to.)

I think it looks pretty good with the black and the Rubicon accoutrements, but apparently, virtually nobody else thinks so. Nobody I know, nobody I've ever run into, and no strangers out in public. A couple relatives have liked the fact that it's a Wrangler, but I could tell they weren't big on the color being yellow.

When you like something, but virtually nobody else seems to, it can't help but make you pause and contemplate.

I guess I write this to warn future owners of yellow Wranglers, that you may be one of the only ones that likes it, or maybe the only one. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Just kind of a weird ownership experience thus far, in that regard.
I get compliments all the time. Not that I'm looking for them but I am amazed at how many I've gotten compared to other vehicles I've owned.

ZigZag

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR (Hellayella)
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

I picked up my JLR at a dealership in Texas and drove it back to Denver. Within 2 hours of picking it up, I got a compliment going through a drive thru. Kinda surprised me. I also got "ducked" once a few months ago.

I love that it is unique. I know there is at least one other in the Denver area that looks just like mine. I know that because I parked next to it at Ball Arena for a (either hockey or basketball) game. I didn't get to meet the owner.

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Everyone loves HellaYella!!! I too receive complements often from others. Here is a pic of my JL in it's natural habitat (I was the only one on the trail with a HellaYella JL).

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club ORC_201_4

An here is a meeting with another Yella jeep at Rutters:

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club IMG_1931

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Having had two yellow Jeeps (a Baja Yellow 2015 JKU Rubicon Hardrock and a Hellayella 20201 JLU Rubicon - same paint code), as well as the Sarge Green 392... I'll say that in the short time I have owned the 392, I have gotten more compliments on it than I got on both of my previous yellow Jeeps combined.

HOWEVER... If Hellayella had been an option offered for the 392, I would have selected it 1,000% with no hesitation.

Hellayella / Baja Yellow is just the absolute perfect color for a Jeep, in my opinion. My favorite, by far.

But, take a look around the world and pay close attention to the vehicle surrounding you these days. White. White. White. LOTS OF WHITE. Gunmetal Gray (Granite Crystal, etc.). Silver. Concrete (Sting Gray). White. More White. Black. Black. Gray. 50 shades of all the grays. White. White. White. Every single soccer mom driving her white Audi Q5, taking her place amongst the Stepford Wives of America.

Most people are boring. Most people are bored.

Except the people that drive, have driven, like, or admire yellow Jeeps. :)

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to make a post here in this thread after 1.5+ years of ownership of a yellow Wrangler.

I'm not one to care too terribly much what others think anymore, but I haven't gotten a single "unsolicited" compliment on it. (My Dad surprisingly liked it. A neighbor commented positively, but I feel like he had to.)

I think it looks pretty good with the black and the Rubicon accoutrements, but apparently, virtually nobody else thinks so. Nobody I know, nobody I've ever run into, and no strangers out in public. A couple relatives have liked the fact that it's a Wrangler, but I could tell they weren't big on the color being yellow.

When you like something, but virtually nobody else seems to, it can't help but make you pause and contemplate.

I guess I write this to warn future owners of yellow Wranglers, that you may be one of the only ones that likes it, or maybe the only one. Or maybe not. I don't know.

I think this can be said of any bright color that's not white. People trend toward the shades of Grey and B&W. They are the colors that sell the most, so it's unlikely anyone can tell one from the other. But that's not why you buy a Wrangler. I think those subtle colors are good for company, fleet, rental, soccer, mall dedicated vehicles. But you want some color for those fun, sporty, adventure, offroad vehicles. đź’Ż

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T

Oddly enough, even with yellow being my favorite color since childhood, I wasn't drawn to the hellayella / baja yellow when doing my initial research (first Jeep). I had pretty much made up my mind on a Sarge Green with a tan soft top. Went into a dealership and saw the HY in person and was like, "Hellayella? Hell yea!" Bought it that day (it was also what I was looking for: a "basic" Rubicon).
First compliment I got was from my cousin. He's had Jeeps, motorcycle, sports cars, a lot of different stuff. First thing he said was, "Nice! You got a F**K You color!" Rather confused I asked what he meant.
Him: "You got a Jeep in a badass color you like and f**k anyone else who doesn't like it." Following the forums I have come to learn that F-You colors are also known as "Skittles Colors".
Most other friends and family responded with "Wow, that's bright!" or "Geeze, lemme get my shades on before we go look at it!". Maybe they really didn't care for it, maybe they were just giving me a little crap because that's what friends and family do. Dunno. Don't care.
Bottom line is, other than some sports cars and super high end Lambos, Ferraris, etc., Jeeps are the only other vehicle, IMO, that can really look good in these colors. It just looks weird on almost everything else.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon

I'm on my second Yellow Wrangler with no regrets. Had a '00' Wrangler in Yellow first year Jeep added the color Solar Yellow. Always drew attention everywhere I went on and off road. Had it right before I got married and my wife also loved. Grabbed HellaYella Rubicon in 2021 and haven't looked back. You like what you like and the opinions of others shouldn't impact your joy of driving it.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 025_23A.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 026_24A.JPG

Sponsored

st_cloud

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sports Diesel
I'm on my second Yellow Wrangler with no regrets. Had a '00' Wrangler in Yellow first year Jeep added the color Solar Yellow. Always drew attention everywhere I went on and off road. Had it right before I got married and my wife also loved. Grabbed HellaYella Rubicon in 2021 and haven't looked back. You like what you like and the opinions of others shouldn't impact your joy of driving it.
It's a fun, easy-going color, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

That said, here's my yellow Jeep

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club bQWg8dVrMped
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club qzmg2ybzqZBOL
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Xlqg8GmBXmd3r
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 2023-04-29 17.08.48 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 2023-04-29 14.56.21 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 2023-04-29 15.23.11 (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 2023-04-29 15.21.27 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 2023-04-29 17.54.21 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club 2023-04-29 18.12.54 (2)

Hellayella69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport; 2024 Wrangler Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Hum

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Naked n Dirty

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Summer Lovin'

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club You Can't Over-Wet

My 2020. Happy with color choice every single time I drive it. Lease about to end and moving to High Velocity Club when '24 arrives, but I would have preferred MOJITO! or Punk’N if they were available.

Last edited:

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara

My 2020. Happy with color choice every single time I drive it. Lease about to end and moving to High Velocity Club when '24 arrives, but I would have preferred MOJITO! or Punk’N if they were available.
How about Bikini Blue?

We also have a hella yella and love it. However, I really dislike high velocity. If it ours replaced, I find the only likable color at the moment is Bikini.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Nice TJ and color. Is your new Rubicon also a 2 door. I think the 2 door versions look better with the bright colors than 4 doors. Some colors are too much when too long... IMHO.
I wanted a Blue 2 door JLR when I went shopping for a new Jeep to replace my white TJ 4.0L but once I saw the hella yella, I was sold!!!
Sponsored