STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
This really sucks, I had a good feeling about this dealer. Always seemed to be upfront and quick to answer questions. I figured maybe a few hundred bucks in a value swing, but never this much. I am not reordering if it doesn't work out.
That much doesn’t make sense to me at all. I’d have to have them try to explain it to me. 4K is a lot of money. There’s no justification for it I can see.
Sponsored

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
This really sucks, I had a good feeling about this dealer. Always seemed to be upfront and quick to answer questions. I figured maybe a few hundred bucks in a value swing, but never this much. I am not reordering if it doesn't work out.
Sorry to hear man. My dealer knew they had me when mine showed up. They already had it sold to 4 people the weekend before it showed up to the dealer for over MSRP. Told me I was going to pay sticker even after we had a price negotiated at the time of order. I pretty much told them I would ruin their reputation in the Jeep community over this. After the rant they gave me the original deal.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Sorry to hear man. My dealer knew they had me when mine showed up. They already had it sold to 4 people the weekend before it showed up to the dealer for over MSRP. Told me I was going to pay sticker even after we had a price negotiated at the time of order. I pretty much told them I would ruin their reputation in the Jeep community over this. After the rant they gave me the original deal.
Isn't this usually why the Windows Sticker has your name on it when you custom order, so the dealership can't offer it to someone else? I signed a contract for the price and got a guarantee that the price could not go up (especially with new steel and aluminium tariffs) but could go down if the exchange rate was in my favour. Very eager for delivery now...

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Isn't this usually why the Windows Sticker has your name on it when you custom order, so the dealership can't offer it to someone else? I signed a contract for the price and got a guarantee that the price could not go up (especially with new steel and aluminium tariffs) but could go down if the exchange rate was in my favour. Very eager for delivery now...
my window sticker has a random name on it. Unsure what happened with that deal, but I thank the guy for not taking delivery of his Sting Gray :rock: :giggle:

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Here's some pictures showing fitment...

MVIMG_20180602_163134.jpg

MVIMG_20180602_163122.jpg

IMG_20180603_204035.jpg

IMG_20180603_204110.jpg

MVIMG_20180603_204205.jpg

MVIMG_20180602_163323.jpg
Excellent wheels; I had them on my ‘12 JKR. Do you know a few aftermarket companies say the AEV Savegres’s are not compatible with the JL? You clearly proved them wrong. Did you use the OEM lug nuts, if not which ones do you have? Also where did you buy them from AEV, Quadratec?

Sponsored

rtcjr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara (Mango Tango)
Th
Oh I like that, don't want to remove stuff. I am close, only thing is now dealer is changing my trade value that was quoted to months ago.:angry:
This is great, thanks for sharing. I want side steps, but the Mopar ones are not very attractive and I wanted to keep the rock rails. Great solution.

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
They are giving me the originally agreed to price on the SG 4% below invoice, just screwing me on the trade.

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
Excellent wheels; I had them on my ‘12 JKR. Do you know a few aftermarket companies say the AEV Savegres’s are not compatible with the JL? You clearly proved them wrong. Did you use the OEM lug nuts, if not which ones do you have? Also where did you buy them from AEV, Quadratec?
I actually had mine on my '11 JK for the last couple years and took them off before trading it in my on JLUR. I am not sure why they say they are not compatible but they definitely seem to be working just fine! Ha. I am currently using the OEM lug nuts but I ordered the Gorilla Automotive black ones. Planning on putting them on within the next few days. I bought the Savegre wheels from Quadratec.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I tried, they are not. Maybe I won't be in the club after all.:crying::no:
Geez. This is a bummer. Is the Jeep price tied to your trade in? If not, buy the Jeep and sell your trade in separately.

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
That much doesn’t make sense to me at all. I’d have to have them try to explain it to me. 4K is a lot of money. There’s no justification for it I can see.
I think our dealers must be related
I asked for the window sticker and I was told they threw it away at PDI. I wasn't too pleased.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Geez. This is a bummer. Is the Jeep price tied to your trade in? If not, buy the Jeep and sell your trade in separately.
I agree with this. Just pull the trade and sell it yourself if you can afford it. You can even just go to CarMax and get a quote.

ShootrGray

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2017 SS, 2014 JK
They are giving me the originally agreed to price on the SG 4% below invoice, just screwing me on the trade.
That's just dang WRONG and dishonest as hell! 4K difference is outrageous and they know it. Its just a damned truck that they make everyday. I'd walk away before I gave them a red cent if they don't act more reasonable. Mine is due at dealership in a couple of weeks and if isn't as quoted I will drive my happy butt right back to Alabama and damage them as much as possible as the other posters have mentioned........my dealership has an excellent reputation, so I don't foresee an issue.

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
I agree with this. Just pull the trade and sell it yourself if you can afford it. You can even just go to CarMax and get a quote.
That is absolutely f'n ridiculous. They are shady! I would walk. Jeep seems to be cranking out builds much quicker than they were in the first 4 months of the year. Goto another dealership and order another JL. Get the agreed upon value of both your trade-in and new JL purchase in writing.

A wise individual once told me ... don't ever love anything that cant love you back and never let emotions cloud your judgement
Sponsored