Not open for further replies.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
I have a quick question, does anyone know what the safety package comes with. My wife has always been on the fence because of safety for rear seats on an unlimited model. Does anyone know yet if the new 2018 will have rear side airbags? I know the 2017 has it in just the front. But the rear is the deal breaker for the wife. Thank you!
Here’s a list of packages / groups and the contents of each one.

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...-content-breakdown-for-2018-jl-wrangler.1628/
Sponsored

QuarterAfter

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
@JLWF Dealer Guy Do you think your dealership will be a madhouse when the JL is launched? Or just a few wackos like us who wan't the new Jeep too much.

I'm in the Jeep bubble and I see what changed but most people I show the JL too say it looks the exact same as the JK - can't say I blame them.
It depends on the market. Some towns are Jeep towns, some are not. I think with the market the way it is, the people who have Jeeps will want to see the new one. I hope it creates as much buzz as this website has. I'm all for selling a ton of them and getting some awesome trades in the process. The New JL has so many small but new things Previous potential who didn't buy it for this reason or that reason may now consider it. The rear vents alone have always been a big obstacle. That alone will bring people back to considering one because the customers that are thinking of buying a 40k-60k Wrangler are in a demographic that has money. They aren't comparing it to a Focus or a Elantra.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Thanks RobNY
Great info but still not seeing any confirmation on any rear airbag system. There is cross traffic alert and back up alert so I feel like it would be a obvious thing to have as far as safety standards go. Guess I’ll have to keep waiting for the official unveiling!
No word on rear airbags. Only front side airbags.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Hi JLWF Dealer Guy! I have another question about the different codes on the order forms being posted. My order says 5N6-Easy Order and I noticed others say 5N9-Guaranteed Schedules? What does this mean? Any difference in delivery schedule?

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hi JLWF Dealer Guy! I have another question about the different codes on the order forms being posted. My order says 5N6-Easy Order and I noticed others say 5N9-Guaranteed Schedules? What does this mean? Any difference in delivery schedule?
On a true sold order it shouldn't matter. The 5N9 means that the dealership has actual allocation for the vehicle. But, I've never seen a sold order with 5N6 not get built and shipped in.As long as you are also a "4EA" all should be fine.

keberryman17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Any word on if the JL will have a basic radio or touch screen? Ordered yesterday and forgot to ask about the touch screen. Really wanting Apple CarPlay. I ordered a Sahara.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Any word on if the JL will have a basic radio or touch screen? Ordered yesterday and forgot to ask about the touch screen. Really wanting Apple CarPlay. I ordered a Sahara.
Yes, all three will have touch screens. Your Sahara will have the 7.0" standard and Infotainment Group will get you the 8.4".

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
How is everyone getting their VIN? My order sheet only had the VON.
Wait 4-5 days after order and call dealer and ask them to check order to see if a VIN has been assigned .

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How is everyone getting their VIN? My order sheet only had the VON.
You'll get one, at some point. I ordered a week ago, and to my knowledge, I don't have one yet. How long it takes may depend on a number of factors, including what options you ordered.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.