OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 jk sahara, 18 sport s jl
Same I wish they would get the seat covers out. Dog hair is not a problem with the liner. It is not smooth so dirt does get in ridges. Not a huge problem. Just hose it off. I drove my jk 8 years with all the drain plugs out. I m sure it makes it a little louder but if I wanted a quiet car I would of bought a Volvo.
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
the cost is mostly labor. took full day to tape. $788 total. with 500+ being labor. I keep going back and forth regarding the carpet. JK was easy carpet wasn't meant to be removed.. JL has the pegs for easy carpet removing. I could unscrew the mounting pegs but then I would have a bunch of screw holes. You could try and sell the carpet but you get nothing for it.
So seriously, why bother with the liner at all? Just take the carpets out when you feel like driving in a downpour and put the carpets back in when you feel like riding in a quiet Jeep again. What does the liner do that the painted floor isn’t already doing?

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome. I line-x’d my JK and loved it. I took out the sound deadening material though. It made the interior slightly warmer but not a big deal.

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So seriously, why bother with the liner at all? Just take the carpets out when you feel like driving in a downpour and put the carpets back in when you feel like riding in a quiet Jeep again. What does the liner do that the painted floor isn’t already doing?
I get it you don't like it. Fine don't get it done. You be you. Maybe the weather people are always right in your hood. They are 50 50at best in my area. I posted so people have a idea what it looks like.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Yeah, I really don’t get all the haters that feel it necessary to crap all over this thread! I’ve been wondering about what is involved with removing the carpet, and this thread has helped. And Rhino lining the interior of these things is a good way to go for some people.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I get it you don't like it. Fine don't get it done. You be you. Maybe the weather people are always right in your hood. They are 50 50at best in my area. I posted so people have a idea what it looks like.
That’s not what I’m saying. I get that you just want it to rain inside the Jeep and not worry about saturated carpets. By why spray on bed liner? What additional protection from the elements does that do that the factory painted floor doesn’t? Can’t you just toss on some rubber floor mats or something, so that you can go back to carpets one day?

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
OP @cgpratt , the flap that covers the trunk bin is covered in carpet. I saw that you removed it in the pics so that the area could be rhino lined. Is the carpet covering that flap removable or do you have to remove the entire flap? Is it easy to remove?

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
This should be a factory option including an exterior Kevlar/Rhino/LineX type paint job. I’m thinking army green would find many fans. It’s a Jeep. Meant to be taken off-road and through bad weather versus sitting pretty at a mall. Perhaps a Rubicon Xtreme with Dana 60 and 400# torque something. :like:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
How much weight would this add?

I wouldn't mind some sound damping that also protects the tub from things bouncing around while off roading.

Sponsored

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
That’s not what I’m saying. I get that you just want it to rain inside the Jeep and not worry about saturated carpets. By why spray on bed liner? What additional protection from the elements does that do that the factory painted floor doesn’t? Can’t you just toss on some rubber floor mats or something, so that you can go back to carpets one day?

The stock paint quickly gets scratched where your feet go and rust settles in soon after. The Bedliner just has a more finished appearance.

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the flap is covered with carpet, on my jk it was also. I hit it with a blow torch and burned the carpet off! it looked just like the rhino lining. not sure what im going to do with it yet. it hurts thinking about testing the blow torch on it. @Ponyracer thanks for explaining the bedliner. I gave up.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I took my carpet out of my YJ in the day. The painted floors became scratched and started to rust and the floors were slippery. I would definitely consider rhino lining if I were to do this again, but the JL is a different animal and I don't believe the electronics will hold up to the same abuse my YJ took.

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
This should be a factory option including an exterior Kevlar/Rhino/LineX type paint job....
That would be awesome. Seeing how some manufacturers offer factory bed-liner in their trucks, maybe it'll actually happen one day.....although I wont be holding my breath, lol.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
This stuff easy to DIY? I mean looking at the labor costs, I'd have no issue ripping out seats and what not. Have a full paint booth at work. Just never worked with this stuff.
Sponsored