STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
At this point, on your deal you might have to REALLY fuss, or maybe talk to a lawyer. On mine, it wouldn’t have been getting money back from them... they hadn’t cashed the check. I would have just stopped payment. They would have probably called and complained, but they were out nothing but time. They couldn’t have sued me for it because I didn’t sign anything saying non refundable, and trying it would probably have cost them more than the deposit. As I said, they matched my price so it doesn’t matter now, but that was my thoughts when I renegotiated.

Your situation seems different. Seems like there is deception there.
Yes, he took my business card and said that I would get the rebate because I am a business owner...he then reminded of this deal on the other two occasions I came in before I put down a deposit!
Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I asked the sales manager and he said no. I sent an email last week to the owner of the dealership who happens to live in my town and takes his puppy to the same puppy school I take mine to. I explained everything in the email and did not get a response.
I'm guessing from the "Expedited" order that you dealt with Detroit Mike...........If my assumption is correct here, know that he will reimburse you that deposit sir. I have been offered loaner (rental) car fees, travel expenses and reimbursement of any "Expired" or "Exempt" Golden Tickets.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you...live and learn
I’d file a complaint on better business bureau ... it works well as dealers don’t want negative reviews or incidents on bbb.org

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
I'm guessing from the "Expedited" order that you dealt with Detroit Mike...........If my assumption is correct here, know that he will reimburse you that deposit sir. I have been offered loaner (rental) car fees, travel expenses and reimbursement of any "Expired" or "Exempt" Golden Tickets.
No, I dealt with a man named Steve from the executive office I believe. He contacted me regularly with updates on my order. I have considered calling FCA about my deposit.

Sponsored

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
This happens more than you think. or even placing the deposit without settling on the price. Or without specifying if the deposit is refundable or not.

While it may seem like common sense most people have not ordered a vehicle before. I wrote an email to my dealer exactly what I expected. He printed it off and checked it off as we went:

1 - A POC with the build including MSRP and Invoice Price with the agreed price, doc fees, and deposit amount hand-written on it

2 - A receipt for the deposit

3 - A signed purchase agreement showing the out the door price

4 - A completed order form with VON

If you are doing a trade get an estimate on your trade based on a certain mileage cap

If you are leasing also get an estimated lease payment, money factor, and residual
Nice. I also had the receipt for the deposit, a POC including MSRP, invoice price and agreed price and within a couple days the order form with VON.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
A few days in and loving my Sting-gray. After going through everything, I think I determined the only thing missing was the wheel lock on the spare. Not to worry cause I had already purchased a 5 lock Mcgard set for a jeep so that I have a matching lock and key all the way around. I've since put in the OEM all weather Jeep mats (with a second set of plugs - and didn't cut through carpet.. etc..), added a 13" black antenna, mopar screen protector and basically have had so much fun getting to know this Jeep. The only options I didn't order were the proximity entry and bumper radar beeps and I might be sad that I didn't get the proximity entry just because I"m so used to that. I'm eagerly awaiting TopLift Pros hoist so I can take the hard top off safely. Also think I need to add some kind of step. On my JKU rubicon, the sliders had two bars that stuck out enough to get a foot on them as a step, but that is not the case on the JLU Rubicon. Also looking for a full coverage cargo mat. I absolutely love the LED lights all around and the Uconnect system and screen are awesome. This is just a great Jeep. All of you waiting, I can tell you it is worth the wait!

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Go4aRyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, FJ Cruiser, JLUR
I’d file a complaint on better business bureau ... it works well as dealers don’t want negative reviews or incidents on bbb.org
Ditto. Have had to do that a time or two. Certainly accelerated resolution.

Sponsored

neonpoke

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 M3
Thanks, all makes sense especially re: selling today - they can't book an item as sold that is not even in inventory. I just called Jeep and they said it is set to build on 6/4 (same as yours) - seems like end of June is plausible. I'll read the book, thanks for the suggestion.

Still curious to hear from other custom orders re: where they landed with respect to pricing over/under INVOICE???
My custom order was 55k msrp, 49k purchase price. Located in NorCal.