Memorial Day Jeeps - Flags!!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Where can I get the star sticker on your hood? Thanks.

Thank you for your service it is greatly appreciated. No Jeep but wearing this proudly today.
I used this one, be patient, do it wet with the supplied spray, take your time while keeping it wet and it will turn out great. The ridge/curve in the hood is a bit of a challenge to get it smoothed out, but it can be done.

Distressed Oscar Mike Freedom Edition Star hood decal fits jeep wrangler and all other jeep models universal fit 19" matte black vinyl install kit included with air release technology. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B13W85Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UZbdBbQKH4RNB
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I used this one, be patient, do it wet with the supplied spray, take your time while keeping it wet and it will turn out great. The ridge/curve in the hood is a bit of a challenge to get it smoothed out, but it can be done.

Distressed Oscar Mike Freedom Edition Star hood decal fits jeep wrangler and all other jeep models universal fit 19" matte black vinyl install kit included with air release technology. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B13W85Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UZbdBbQKH4RNB
Thank you. Order placed.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

PaK1605

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
UPS driver

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Too late for today, but worth noting a couple of relatively unknown rules about driving with a flag...

The U.S. flag code indicates that it should be flown on the passenger side unless attached to the chassis or unless itā€™s one of multiple flags, in which case it should be flown in the middle. Technically the trailer hitch probably isnā€™t considered to be part of the chassis, but that ship has probably sailed.

Also note that if you put a flag decal on the passenger side, it should be reversed.

Sponsored

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Too late for today, but worth noting a couple of relatively unknown rules about driving with a flag...

The U.S. flag code indicates that it should be flown on the passenger side unless attached to the chassis or unless itā€™s one of multiple flags, in which case it should be flown in the middle. Technically the trailer hitch probably isnā€™t considered to be part of the chassis, but that ship has probably sailed.

Also note that if you put a flag decal on the passenger side, it should be reversed.
I think the hitch being attached to the bumper mount, which is essentially a cross member for the frame, can be considered the "chassis". I also think that being attached to the body constitutes the chassis, as well. Chassis is a fairly vague term.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I think the hitch being attached to the bumper mount, which is essentially a cross member for the frame, can be considered the "chassis". I also think that being attached to the body constitutes the chassis, as well. Chassis is a fairly vague term.
I havenā€™t been able to find any reasoning behind the rules, but the more that I think about it the only rationale that makes sense is that if the flag is not well-secured, they want the flag away from traffic so that if it falls off thereā€™s less chance it will be driven over.

So clip it on the right fender or attach it properly to the frame/body.