First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot (for sale), Chevrolet Camaro (wife), Nissan 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Looks great.

I bought black Rubicon decal set off eBay. Bought black trail rated badge of eBay. And bought new Jeep nameplate off internet and painted black bc it doesn’t come black for this year.

Took a good hour to pull off Jeep nameplates. and clean off the double side tape with goof off. I used painters tape around the Jeep name first so that I could line up the new nameplate in same spot.
Sponsored

Sponsored

mje

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Are those wheels all black? I was thinking of getting these in the 17x9 size but it looks like they have some bronze tint to it.
Do have a little bronze in the sun. More of a gunmetal finish to me.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
The stock Rubicon tires are size 285/70r17 and the BFGoodrich specs show that they have a 32.8” overall diameter.

The stock Sahara tires are 255/70r18 and is close to 32” in diameter. This tire is also 10.2 inches wide as compared to 11.5” for the stock Rubi tires.

So you are looking at an inch wider and an inch taller for the Rubicon. Also the Rubicon Wrangler fender flares are two inches higher on the Rubicon. The most recognizable trait of this feature is that the Rubicon front fender flares encroach on the hood latches whereas those of the Sport and Sahara models do not. This allows for greater suspension travel off-road as well as room for bigger tires should you want to increase tires size without having to greatly increase lift.

Based on what you read, i think i'm going to just have to buy "all season tires' with the size 285/70/r17

Landi JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '18 Audi Q7, '17 750i, '16 Huracan, '15 Flying Spur
Are those wheels all black? I was thinking of getting these in the 17x9 size but it looks like they have some bronze tint to it.
I just placed an order for those same wheels but 20x12 on 37.13.5. Really excited after seeing yours!!

Landi JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, does anyone know how I can switch my black fenders out for painted ones? Or if a I should take it to a paint shop?

Also, if anyone has body colored(white) fenders and/or top and they want to trade for black or are changing fenders please let me know!!

Sponsored

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Our new Rubi! It feels great to be back in the Jeep world. Ready to get some trail rides under way and see what upgrades are needed.

8FCC80B3-DB0F-4E85-8174-6EEE2A84D95F.jpeg

Kotacoug

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SPORT S
BTW, does anyone know how I can switch my black fenders out for painted ones? Or if a I should take it to a paint shop?

Also, if anyone has body colored(white) fenders and/or top and they want to trade for black or are changing fenders please let me know!!

I was looking but just ended up having a local paint shop paint the fenders and top white. Cost me $1100 for everything. Looks great. If you go that route make sure the paint guys prep/sand so you get the same finish as the body color.

Landi JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking but just ended up having a local paint shop paint the fenders and top white. Cost me $1100 for everything. Looks great. If you go that route make sure the paint guys prep/sand so you get the same finish as the body color.
I think that’s the route to go, $1100 seems very reasonable, just got to find the right shop with the right price here in soCal now.