STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
And it has become reality! Already in paint since 1:30pm today.....out before noon tomorrow and onto assembly! Too bad the plant is shut down Sat/Sun/Mon but they all deserve a break Im sure.
WOW that is what I call EXPEDITED!!! Glad to see it is working out for you.
Sponsored

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Got mine on Monday! Already putting it to use.

Those are the Mopar roof rails and I found to be a pretty easy install and high quality.

I do have the leaking rear windshield fluid issue which I've PM'd Jeep Cares about and asked my dealer to let me know if they hear of a good fix. Loving the Jeep and color very much so far. ordered 3/2, received 5/21, great experience and price with Superior in Conway, AR; well worth the 3.5 hour drive for me. Sport S, Bridgestone tire, Crystal Granite rims; Didn't realize it didn't have a CD player which my friend with a Sahara JL says his doesn't either. I didn't know how to adjust the seat back on my drive home and was afraid it would stay like that, but found the pull tap around where the seat belt buckles when I got home. It felt like the seat belt while I was driving. My factory hardtop headliner was sagging in a few places which was disappointing, but I've pressed it back into place in those spots and it is holding so far, but it doesn't seem to be a great adhesive or design for those considering this. I do have the feeling that it will sag in the future under high heat and freedom panel off conditions.

I've ordered in the go rhino 4000 series step which some of you may find a more economical option at under $200; they are a simple 3 inch tube type, but back ordered until May 30th though; I just ordered straight from go rhino. I saw another less reputable site that had them for about $150. I was planning to get the go rhino RB20's until I saw the 4000 series now available.

With 350 miles of mostly highway driving around 55mph, some stops, my trip computer calculated 24mpg and I hand calculated 25.

20180522_112815.jpg
Looks Great! Good Luck!!

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Just got the call!!! After calling and texting the hotline all week and being told every day, including yesterday that I’m still pending shipping arrangements, the dealer called to Say she’s here!!!! Picking her up tomorrow.
Can't wait to see pictures!

Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Got my dealer update today. My Rubicon is sitting at train yard in Winston-Salem NC waiting to get trucked to the dealer. Should have it beginning of next week and then it's top off and hair in the wind.
Peter-Fonda-and-Dennis-Hopper-in-Easy-Rider.jpg

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
And now it appears a little more official of why my 2nd order was skipped over at the last minute....I can only assume the sentence that states: we have narrowed the pool of vehicles down to a group that has not yet been delivered to dealers or customers...ie: the 2.0 Turbo

FCA has released an official statement on the investigation…

“FCA US is currently investigating a fire that occurred on May 22 in a storage yard in the Toledo, Ohio, area as it continues its investigation into other recent occurrences. The Company is working with the appropriate authorities on these investigations. While the investigation is ongoing, at this time we have narrowed the pool to a specific population of vehicles. We can confirm these vehicles have not been shipped to customers or dealers. We cannot provide further information at this time.”

Sponsored

OP
OP
OH Bandit

OH Bandit

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 23 Jeep JT Willys
Looks Sweet! Did you buy the "Original Sting Gray"?
Nah. Bought mine through Dennis Dillon in Idaho and drove it back to SoCal with my youngest daughter. Anyone that claims overpopulation just needs to drive through west Idaho and east Oregon.

paulczer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara - Sting Grey, 2017 Grand Cherokee - White
Received word today that my Sting Grey Sahara is built (ordered 5/17, paint 5/23, build complete 5/24) but currently getting additional options added. They didn't give me the build code, though. They stated that it should be ready for shipment in the next day. Does this mean it's gone through the inspection process and they're just adding additional options (I'm assuming this means they need to add the roof liner and floor mat options). Anyone who knows the process, please let me know their thoughts.
Sponsored