Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
Just received update, she is in Nampa, Idaho. Talk about a snails pace. Dealer projects end of next week for me. Seems as if time is SLOWWWWING down.:tumbleweed:
It’s a train thing.. “the little engine that could will getter to ya!”

arch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Sting Gray, 1950 Red GMC pickup
Got mine on Monday! Already putting it to use.

Those are the Mopar roof rails and I found to be a pretty easy install and high quality.

I do have the leaking rear windshield fluid issue which I've PM'd Jeep Cares about and asked my dealer to let me know if they hear of a good fix. Loving the Jeep and color very much so far. ordered 3/2, received 5/21, great experience and price with Superior in Conway, AR; well worth the 3.5 hour drive for me. Sport S, Bridgestone tire, Crystal Granite rims; Didn't realize it didn't have a CD player which my friend with a Sahara JL says his doesn't either. I didn't know how to adjust the seat back on my drive home and was afraid it would stay like that, but found the pull tap around where the seat belt buckles when I got home. It felt like the seat belt while I was driving. My factory hardtop headliner was sagging in a few places which was disappointing, but I've pressed it back into place in those spots and it is holding so far, but it doesn't seem to be a great adhesive or design for those considering this. I do have the feeling that it will sag in the future under high heat and freedom panel off conditions.

I've ordered in the go rhino 4000 series step which some of you may find a more economical option at under $200; they are a simple 3 inch tube type, but back ordered until May 30th though; I just ordered straight from go rhino. I saw another less reputable site that had them for about $150. I was planning to get the go rhino RB20's until I saw the 4000 series now available.

With 350 miles of mostly highway driving around 55mph, some stops, my trip computer calculated 24mpg and I hand calculated 25.

20180522_112815.jpg

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)

Those are the Mopar roof rails and I found to be a pretty easy install and high quality.

I do have the leaking rear windshield fluid issue which I've PM'd Jeep Cares about and asked my dealer to let me know if they hear of a good fix. Loving the Jeep and color very much so far. ordered 3/2, received 5/21, great experience and price with Superior in Conway, AR; well worth the 3.5 hour drive for me. Sport S, Bridgestone tire, Crystal Granite rims; Didn't realize it didn't have a CD player which my friend with a Sahara JL says his doesn't either. I didn't know how to adjust the seat back on my drive home and was afraid it would stay like that, but found the pull tap around where the seat belt buckles when I got home. It felt like the seat belt while I was driving. My factory hardtop headliner was sagging in a few places which was disappointing, but I've pressed it back into place in those spots and it is holding so far, but it doesn't seem to be a great adhesive or design for those considering this. I do have the feeling that it will sag in the future under high heat and freedom panel off conditions.

I've ordered in the go rhino 4000 series step which some of you may find a more economical option at under $200; they are a simple 3 inch tube type, but back ordered until May 30th though; I just ordered straight from go rhino. I saw another less reputable site that had them for about $150. I was planning to get the go rhino RB20's until I saw the 4000 series now available.

With 350 miles of mostly highway driving around 55mph, some stops, my trip computer calculated 24mpg and I hand calculated 25.

20180522_112815.jpg
Congratulations!!

Sponsored

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray

20180522_112815.jpg
Looks great!! Thanks for putting up a pic with your roof rack. Do you know what the weight capacity is for it?

arch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Sting Gray, 1950 Red GMC pickup
Looks great!! Thanks for putting up a pic with your roof rack. Do you know what the weight capacity is for it?
per quadratec:
Unfortunately, that data has not become available yet. This will not be able to hold a lot of weight, because it attaches directly to the hardtop. The JK hard top could not hold more than about 150lbs of evenly distributed weight. You can expect similar results from this rack, but an exact weight rating has not been published. Mopar has stated this is not recommended for canoes or kayaks. A rooftop tent is out of the question for any hardtop mounted rack.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
BB44CD6A-A545-4DFA-9B81-95E6A87CD50F.jpeg
67E4F77F-440D-4250-87D4-AD13C741616D.jpeg
DFD863E2-FB60-4535-B5A4-33A85DC313C5.jpeg
16807E4F-BA4B-4908-B4D4-48E171D67F3C.jpeg
Mine is here! I got the email from my dealer as I was pulling out of the driveway. To leave town. For a week. Typical. Here are some pics they sent:
Congratulations! Love my Sport S Sting-Gray.

PaulieStrong

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Just got the call!!! After calling and texting the hotline all week and being told every day, including yesterday that I’m still pending shipping arrangements, the dealer called to Say she’s here!!!! Picking her up tomorrow.

Sponsored

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
per quadratec:
Unfortunately, that data has not become available yet. This will not be able to hold a lot of weight, because it attaches directly to the hardtop. The JK hard top could not hold more than about 150lbs of evenly distributed weight. You can expect similar results from this rack, but an exact weight rating has not been published. Mopar has stated this is not recommended for canoes or kayaks. A rooftop tent is out of the question for any hardtop mounted rack.
Thanks for estimate and warning about kayaks. Campgrounds for my wife have to start with the word “Marriott” ;)

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
per quadratec:
As per the Jeep Performance Parts Catalog, page 51: "The maximum load capacity is 150 lbs." This is mentioned when referring to the cargo basket, but it still applies. 150 lbs is better than most. All my other roof racks have been only 100 lbs.
JPP Roof Rack Info.PNG

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
And it has become reality! Already in paint since 1:30pm today.....out before noon tomorrow and onto assembly! Too bad the plant is shut down Sat/Sun/Mon but they all deserve a break Im sure.
Sponsored