Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

I can't tell did you do the rear ? The front looks really good
thanks bud, I don’t have any rear pics but I’ll snap one tomorrow when the sun comes back up.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So you did split the rear then I hate to have to do that then I got to buy inner fenders for the rear too then that's another $300 for or more I cannot believe how expensive these inner fenders are now some of them are almost $400

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Tpsillos ….. Is that a Rock Krawler lift ? If so , it looks like the rear lower control arms are upside down…..the bend goes up for ground clearance……..nice looking rig…. Love the wheels……..:rock:

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I'm going to find a way to keep the inner bracing, pretty sure that's why I don't have the flappy fenders some are reporting. I also want to maintain the XR flares and they require the inners for attachment points.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's what I was wondering when you get rid of the inner fenders and split the stock fender.. are they pretty floppy not very sturdy?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I haven't experienced it, but others are reporting floppy fenders at high speeds and wind buffeting.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I was wondering when you get rid of the inner fenders and split the stock fender.. are they pretty floppy not very sturdy?
I haven't experienced it, but others are reporting floppy fenders at high speeds and wind buffeting.
Yeah that drove me nuts…… I just used the factory brace, modified it and reinstalled it, there’s just two small button head bolts that actually matches the single bolt on the AAL light brace…….works great……..
Jeep Wrangler JL 38's & 40's JL Pics W/Lift Kit! Post Em Up 574BB152-6F5A-4D4A-932B-559EA9260791

Jeep Wrangler JL 38's & 40's JL Pics W/Lift Kit! Post Em Up F4495630-7479-41D4-923E-60794FF6ECB3

Sponsored

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Did you change gears running 39s?
Actually no, they are stock 3.73 gears. RCV front axles, and a truss over the axle housing. It’s an EcoDiesel when cold it stays In 7th on the highway, but once the transmission hits about 160 degrees, it’s in 8th. It’s flat here in the Houston area, but the same is true for most cross country driving. It downshifts going up hills and over passes, it that’s been normal for every Jeep I’ve owned…

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes I'm running the stock 410 with my 37s on my Rubicon and it still hits 7th and 8th gear. Someone said though my shift pattern in the gears is different still not as long or longer can't remember then if I had the 488 to make it stock I'd like to do it I just don't want to spend two grand right now

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Keeping the inner structure plastic welded to the outer fender and just cutting it down has maintained the rigidity. It does not move in the wind at all.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So if you trim the factory inner liner up inside the fender that's gone there's nothing there right? So basically you've trimmed it to look like it aftermarket inner fender on the fender itself that's all gone the plastic right
Sponsored