Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
Con
Well as of today 29 days since released for shipping KZ. Then Friday I went to KZL.
Monday went to KZS that isn't even listed on codes. Tuesday "Nicole" emailed with
an ETA of May 31. This morning 877 said ETA May 31. Not listed on "Build a Jeep"
I have listed the above info because WHO are we going to believe.
TODAY 12:08 PM Dealer called they were unloading it off transporter. Yes finally
here since 1-11-18 order date. I will (hope) be getting her tomorrow !!!!
Image 5-14-18 at 1.34 PM.jpg
[
Congrats! Put all that frustration behind you and go enjoy that Jeep!
Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Well as of today 29 days since released for shipping KZ. Then Friday I went to KZL.
Monday went to KZS that isn't even listed on codes. Tuesday "Nicole" emailed with
an ETA of May 31. This morning 877 said ETA May 31. Not listed on "Build a Jeep"
TODAY 12:08 PM Dealer called they were unloading it off transporter. Yes finally
[
sweetwater, i think you know by now that a couple of pictures of cartoon fireworks are not going to assuage us. get on the phone right now with your dealer and demand a picture of that bad boy on the lot or on the truck and post it immediately ipso facto pdq. tis the absolute least you can do ;-)

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Are there any jl seat covers available anywhere? The good ones, not junk! I have not been able to find any with side airbags.
Bartact has them for the JL. And they accommodate the side airbag

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
sweetwater, i think you know by now that a couple of pictures of cartoon fireworks are not going to assuage us. get on the phone right now with your dealer and demand a picture of that bad boy on the lot or on the truck and post it immediately ipso facto pdq. tis the absolute least you can do ;-)
I did ask right away. They haven't sent any yet. :fingerscrossed:

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
Not trying to be negative but the place where I picked up my two door JLR had another one in stock for sale and a few dealers were trying to convince them to sell it to them and they would not. Their answer was we know about all the issues and delays with the two doors we cannot allow that right now since they'll sell as soon as someone knows there is one available. Which made sense, i flew and drove back 500 miles to get mine. So I doubt they'd be stuck with it for a week.

Sponsored

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My deposit was 500, pretty sure they haven't cashed the check yet.

The service department guys and manager at my dealership are great, but I guess if I have come to know them that well...my JK was in the shop waaaaay to often. I know, I can buy anywhere and take it to them if needed.
They cash the checks as soon as they get them lol, Think about it the check would be expired since you wrote it about 4 months ago. The dealer hit my debit card a week after.

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For you guys/gals waiting for your 2 drs...

Well you know I got my a week ago today.. Just wanted to mention a few things..

• The fold-able rear headrests are absolutely TERRIFIC!
  • Little LED light in the cargo area really is a plus
  • Best rear wiper ever on a Wrangler. Does not obstruct view. Wiper stays up when you lift it up when cleaning window
  • Rear wiper fluid dripped but a small whole in fluid reservoir cap seems to have cured that issue on my JL
  • Steering is a tad looser then the 2 dr. JK. I found that having tire psi @ 36# really minimizes the issue
  • Air noise when driving is similar to the JK's. If you were used to driving a Prius or a Honda you'd swear there was an issue
  • Glove box is narrower and deeper
  • Self dimming rear view mirror (optional) is very compared to the similar offering on the JK
  • Alpine sound on the JL 2dr. shines in comparison to the upgraded sound pkg. in the JK
  • Google Maps and Waze displaying/working on the 8.4 Infotainment Center (optional) is the hoot! Terrific and works well
  • When hand drying (I use leaf blower first) the 2 dr. JL there are far fewer obstacles/grabby points that affect the towel
  • 8 speed Auto is real nice
  • This 3.6L really puts the older 3.6L to shame in regard to pickup... get up and go....
  • Windows on JL are larger then the JK's so outside is more viewable & inside is brighter
  • Heating/Cooling and controls of same are very well implemented. Sync'ed driver/passenger is real nice
  • I'm 6' tall and lots of driver's leg room, etc.. Lots if head room
  • At speeds above 60 mph, no more hood buffering
  • LED headlights are way bright... real nice. Thanks to Tazer JL, I can use fogs with brights for real bright lighting in deer country
  • Remote Proximity (optional) works well
  • ESS sucked terribly! Disable it easily with the Tazer JL
  • Center console cup holders are way way nicer then on the JK
  • Rubicon 2dr. ride is not that much more rough then a 2 dr. Sahara JK
  • Operating front seats forward and backward is a learning process.
  • Little release handle on top of front seats does the job but careful it seems flimsy
  • All welds, paint and such on my JL are aok with visual inspection
  • Real muffler stands out like a sore thumb but is easily paint-able. You do not need to use heat proof paint
  • Back-up camera working well at 50 mi. on odometer
  • Tazer JL easily disables annoying seat belt chime, Nav restrictions, Backup camera when moving forward restriction and more
  • Wheel well plastics are very accessible, cover well and very easy to clean
  • Tow package 4 and 7 pin box on back (optional) is very nice and not flimsy/cheapy
  • Leather seats (optional) very comfortable with very good back support
  • Center console release levers are separated differently and easier to feel for / use in comparison to the JK's
  • Front seat belts retract more forcefully then on the JK which is a plus
  • Side view mirror adjusters are way better in regard to their placement
  • Sirius XM reception drops in and out far more then on the Jk
  • Remote Start with FOB (optional) Distance and still remote start is very very good
  • Doors close very very easy in comparison to the Jk. No more slamming necessary
  • Doors stay open when you open them. No more slamming door on your leg
  • New hood retainers are good, but you have to watch when you lower the hood or you capture the catch part of the mechanism
Having just picked up mine Monday I havent gone thru a lot of what you just addressed but I can not disagree, I never owned a JK but one thing I was expecting was the rear seat to able to stay up in the folded position. Its very easy to move up and down from the back but theres no mechanism that locks it up in the folded position incase you want to throw something in the back.

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Having just picked up mine Monday I havent gone thru a lot of what you just addressed but I can not disagree, I never owned a JK but one thing I was expecting was the rear seat to able to stay up in the folded position. Its very easy to move up and down from the back but theres no mechanism that locks it up in the folded position incase you want to throw something in the back.
JK’s came with a strap to hold the seat down whe tipped forward, never used mine as my rear seat has only been in the JK for (at best) 1000 miles of the 140,000 I currently have on her.

Larry

First Name
Larry20
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK S 2-Door Rock Lobster Red, 2018 JL S 2-Door Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
JK’s came with a strap to hold the seat down whe tipped forward, never used mine as my rear seat has only been in the JK for (at best) 1000 miles of the 140,000 I currently have on her.
What strap?

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLEASE-If everyone with a PST that are in D1 or later, please respond to this ASAP with ALL of your order info, date, current status, etc. I just saw an email from the California distribution center to my dealer stating my vehicle can't be built until July. I need a clear list of you all so I can fight this.
I ended up getting a hard top and not getting my order but Im still keeping track of it. If i get any emails or info on that Ill post it considering Im still tracking my original order and haven't told the sales man I already picked one up knowing he can sell it as soon as it lands.

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
[
I ordered my Rubi 1/30/18... Hopefully I'm right behind you.
CONGRATS!

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
What strap?
When I bought my JK in August of 2009 (new off lot) it had a strap that was intended for holding the rear seat when tipped up. Never used it or needed it either
Sponsored