thehangingchad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing the same thing, don't want to wait. I live a hour away from Spiderwebshade and they told me come on over and get one made on the spot.
Yeah, I called them and they said if I ordered now it would ship same day. Gave me the $30 coupon code over the phone without asking.. OGJL.
Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Great discount, great product, took 3 days to get my shade.
I talked to them today about the bungee cords wearing out and replacement. I was told that is covered under the 5 year warranty.

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I talked to them today about the bungee cords wearing out and replacement. I was told that is covered under the 5 year warranty.

That's one reason why I would prefer the bungies to be removable. i've been deciding on if i should get spiderwebshade or an alienshade.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Great discount, great product, took 3 days to get my shade.
It sounds like I’m in the same boat. The short wait time and affordability of the Spiderweb shade, especially after the 15% coupon code, is looking to be the winner. I also haven’t seen anybody post pictures showing how compatible the JTops shade is with the GPCA grab handles.

Some reservations that I have about pulling the trigger include not being crazy about having to lower the windshield to install and remove it and wishing the spider nubs were black or gunmetal...or red.

If money was not a concern, I think the JTops shade looks the best and their responses to requests and questions have been great. Unfortunately, cost is a concern for me as I’m trying to reduce some of the spending associated with my new found Jeep addiction. In the end, I don’t think you can go wrong with either one and encourage as many people who are willing to post pictures and reviews as soon as possible to help solidify my choice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I like the JTops also. I'm not sold on those big buckles and straps that hold it on. I feel it takes away the look and covers to much area. I fear those straps in time will wear away the paint under them.

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
@Mid-life Wrangler if you contact spiderweb shade they do indeed have black, red and the silver spider nubs.

thehangingchad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
@Mid-life Wrangler if you contact spiderweb shade they do indeed have black, red and the silver spider nubs.
I placed an order at 3:00. I'm going to call in the morning to see if I can get black instead of the silver that seem to come with it.

Sponsored

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
I received my alien shade in less than three days shipped to Canada!! Went for a decent drive tonight and really liked it. Blocked out a lot of wind noise and of course does a great job shading out the sun. Great customer service too. Had a question for them and they responded within the hour.

IMG_4971.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

Last edited:

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
FYI here is a close up of the alien front clip. This picture has the windshield down just to show exactly how it works. Lowering windshield not necessary with alien.

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored