First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
You don’t need to replace control arms on the JL with a 2-2.5” lift. The control arms being swapped are about a 1/4-1/2” longer, any corrections that minor can be made with an adjustable track bar. My skyjacker lift rides just as good as my buddies mopar lift and as good as my OEM ride on my sport S. I didn’t have any axle shift and only required a small adjustment to re-center my steering wheel.

I I am no expert either, but being in a large Jeep club there are a lot of flavors and various Jeep gurus that can piece together components at half the cost of a mopar lift and it will ride just as good if not better than factory.

Everyone has their brand preference, and ride quality expectations, but Mopar has never been a leader in Jeep lift market, at least not as long I have had Jeeps.
I understand what you are saying.
Yet everyone keeps knocking the Mopar lift without comparing it apples for apples.

I wanted to do a full blown coil over conversion at first. Yet when I broke it down to the reality of what is what, I did not want to be a Guinea pig for the aftermarket companies. Down the road I’ll bet the aftermarket companies will have some of the best stuff out there.

Right now for the cost the Mopar 2” lift, in my opinion is a great deal. The shocks have been specially tuned just for the JL. All other shocks are a one size fits all unless you custom order them. Even with custom ordering a shock you need to know so much to be able to get it to work right. Coil spring rate is also another Science within itself.
Than you have everyone’s opinion on what to use and what works best without any real testing.

Back in the earlier 90tys I road races motorcycles, I had a pro license, light sponcered by Honda and then Suzuki. With racing we tried everything to see what worked and what did not. What I found out was you can not compete against the big factory teams with factory engineers and unlimited resources.
Off roading if very much the same thing. The factory engineers have tools and resources that the rest could only dream. Yet some of the aftermarket company’s get help from the factory’s. Take AEV and their products. They had partnered with FCA on the JK, so did Tera flex.
The point beaing, I’ll take a factory engineer over anyone else all of the time. Do the engineers get it wrong some of the time? Yes, with mass produced parts the tolerance or variance are a factor. The Mopar coil spring problem is proof of this kind of problem. With small quantity and high quality comes a high price.

Mopar has invested a huge amount of money and resources in going after the aftermarket parts for the JL.
They withheld the JL from all of the aftermarket companies, unlike when the JK came out.
They are going after the billions of dollars being spent for the aftermarket parts on their JL.
I spent a good amount of time talking with some of the engineers who worked on the JL at the LA auto show.
What frustrating to me is, if a company like Mopar who is making a run at the aftermarket parts keeps screwing up like this they will lose guys like myself who are willing to spend on their parts. And your completely right, they are not known for their aftermarket parts.
My guess is after a year or two of testing the aftermarket companies will leave Mopar in the dust. By than the diesel will be out and I’ll be looking at selling mine and getting it.
Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t need to replace control arms on the JL with a 2-2.5” lift. The control arms being swapped are about a 1/4-1/2” longer, any corrections that minor can be made with an adjustable track bar. My skyjacker lift rides just as good as my buddies mopar lift and as good as my OEM ride on my sport S. I didn’t have any axle shift and only required a small adjustment to re-center my steering wheel.

I I am no expert either, but being in a large Jeep club there are a lot of flavors and various Jeep gurus that can piece together components at half the cost of a mopar lift and it will ride just as good if not better than factory.

Everyone has their brand preference, and ride quality expectations, but Mopar has never been a leader in Jeep lift market, at least not as long I have had Jeeps.
You cannot correct anything with the track bar that you need to correct with control arms... They are completely independent of one another. A 1/2" is a BIG adjustment on the control arm length. And frankly, many of the JL's are starting with low caster so a 2-2.5" lift will most likely want additional caster. Control arms is how you do that.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I got a tracking # should get to me next week :(
HMMMMM, ok, gonna give them a call. I've ordered a good number of parts lately and have fedex tracking numbers all over my email...not sure if i have one or not. The one I thought it might be was for the flashcal :facepalm:

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
HMMMMM, ok, gonna give them a call. I've ordered a good number of parts lately and have fedex tracking numbers all over my email...not sure if i have one or not. The one I thought it might be was for the flashcal :facepalm:
I'm following your plight... I'm a big fan of RK, but I'm sure this one is frustrating you. I suspect that once the prototyping was done and the design approved, they have an offshore company doing the molding and production. Sometimes the ETA can be tough with customs, etc... I do not know this is what's happening, just common for stuff like this.

Sponsored

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Its was UPS from PURE PERFORMANCE GROUP INC

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I'm following your plight... I'm a big fan of RK, but I'm sure this one is frustrating you. I suspect that once the prototyping was done and the design approved, they have an offshore company doing the molding and production. Sometimes the ETA can be tough with customs, etc... I do not know this is what's happening, just common for stuff like this.
Yeah, the big thing that is driving me nuts has been the "oh, sorry, its next week." Just a little irritated at the constant pushing out vs. it could be two/three weeks and set more realistic expectations. Just made them seem like they have no idea what is going on with their suppliers. I am hoping in all honest that they come in before Mopar's, from the pics I have seen they still do a better job at aligning the springs...

Its was UPS from PURE PERFORMANCE GROUP INC
Took a look and I haven't seen anything yet :(

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Just hung up with Darlene with @JeepCares; she is super sweet BTW. Canceled my order with Rock Krawler for their correction pad...More to come tomorrow if everything goes as planned! Stay tuned for pics!

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Just hung up with Darlene with @JeepCares; she is super sweet BTW. Canceled my order with Rock Krawler for their correction pad...More to come tomorrow if everything goes as planned! Stay tuned for pics!
Good luck!

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I called yesterday and it felt more like jeep don't care! Man the guy was a jerk! He said I would have to go to my dealer when I told him I ordered it on ebay he said this is not ebay lol what a jerk

Sponsored

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
You have the Mopar correction pad being sent to you?
I had to take my JL into the dealership, leave it for the day, go pick it up and was told no one in the country has one, they are on National back order. This was today.
I canceled my RK order two weeks ago because Jeep care said the Mopar replacement pads would be out in a week.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares delivered!

It's like a unicorn ran through my front door! It's real!It's real! Its real!

Ran into a little snag at the dealer but that was quickly resolved. Lift goes on this weekend. Post lift pics to come! 5 months of waiting now feels like day one :)

Thanks Darlene!

New on the right, old on the left. Major redesign, significantly different!

20180524_134523.jpg

20180524_134451.jpg

20180524_134417.jpg

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
@JeepCares delivered!

Ran into a little snag at the dealer but that was quickly resolved. Lift goes on this weekend. Post lift pics to come! 5 months of waiting now feels like day one :)

Thanks Darlene!

20180524_134523.jpg

20180524_134451.jpg

20180524_134417.jpg
Very cool, happy for you! Please post pics when installed. So does anyone know if these are shipping with all new kits?

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
@JeepCares delivered!

Thanks Darlene!

20180524_134523.jpg

20180524_134451.jpg

20180524_134417.jpg
Wow!
How did you get them?
The dealership said yesterday they are on a national back order.
I need the driver side one.

Thanks !

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Wow!
How did you get them?
The dealership said yesterday they are on a national back order.
I need the driver side one.

Thanks !
Sounds like there is only one, the drivers side... It's still not as good as the RK solution in my opinion. The material is softer than it should be and the springs cause some deformation in the plastic over time. But glad it's actually happening for those that only want the Mopar solution.
Sponsored