Mopar Door Sills plus a little extra

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
When I got the Mopar Door sills I was a little unhappy about them. The older JKU style design came over the painted lip portion as well and helped protect the paint there as that is where most ppl would drag there feet.

The JLU style does not go over this part so I got some XPEL Black Universal door sill guard (https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Univers...keywords=xpel+black+universal+door+sill+gaurd) and put some protection from dragging feet up there.

Flows nicely and I feel better having it there. Also has a nice grippy texture to it.

Door_sill.jpg
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I felt the same way since I had seen those and still do not understand the design. I'll be either waiting for aftermarket or doing something similar to what you have done.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
When I got the Mopar Door sills I was a little unhappy about them. The older JKU style design came over the painted lip portion as well and helped protect the paint there as that is where most ppl would drag there feet.

The JLU style does not go over this part so I got some XPEL Black Universal door sill guard (https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Univers...keywords=xpel+black+universal+door+sill+gaurd) and put some protection from dragging feet up there.

Flows nicely and I feel better having it there. Also has a nice grippy texture to it.

Door_sill.jpg
Great job! The Mopar Door sills really seem to be mostly for looks, this makes me want to get them :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
UrbanRogue

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice job with the XPEL.

Is anyone working on a sill guard that will protect the painted lip? I saw R3's 3M product. But, I'm afraid that mud, dirt and rocks in the boots will tear the film.

I'm thinking that something like these will be less maintenance over time...
https://www.quadratec.com/products/13113_202.htm
Ya Sadly Mopar did not make there door sill go over the lip for the JL like they did for the JK.
Maybe some other company will make them that way.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Nice job. I just ordered the sill guards and now will be ordering this extra protection for the lip. Did you remove the plastic piece inside the cab to lay the film under it?

OP
OP
UrbanRogue

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No I just went to its edge. That grip stuff is crazy sticky so it should be good

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Would the JK Set not work on a JL?

Sponsored