Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Chris, if it's not too late, could you snap some pictures of the bumper install for future reference. Thanks,
I have plenty of pictures of the install when I did it on my Rubicon, and took some during the install my wifes sports as well.. PM me your email and I will send you some pictures/info etc. Unfortunately with the low hoop I'm having to remote mount the solenoid, I just have no idea where at the moment.
ROAM Front and Rough Country 9500 Pro with synthetic line.
DSC_1064.jpg
DSC_1073.jpg
DSC_1075.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@ROAM bumper with low profile bull bar and @Rough Country Suspensions 9500 Pro winch with synthetic line going on my wifes JL this weekend. :like:
ROAM Bumper & RC Winch.jpg
I haven’t seen Roam post anything regarding this front bumper with the low profile bull bar, only the full sized stinger like the one on your Jeep. I’ve never seen a picture of it before. I have questions.

Do you have any info on when it might be available to us mortals, or if the price will be in line with the one currently available? Do you have info on when a mid or full width front might be available? Roam’s description of the bumper says that it has an “integrated full size winch mount”. Does that mean that no additional winch mounting plate is required at all?

Thanks!

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t seen Roam post anything regarding this front bumper with the low profile bull bar, only the full sized stinger like the one on your Jeep. I’ve never seen a picture of it before. I have questions.

Do you have any info on when it might be available to us mortals, or if the price will be in line with the one currently available? Do you have info on when a mid or full width front might be available? Roam’s description of the bumper says that it has an “integrated full size winch mount”. Does that mean that no additional winch mounting plate is required at all?

Thanks!
Unfortunately I am be the wrong person to ask about product availability. @ROAM would have more information as to availability of the different hoop options/models/etc....
It does have an integrated winch plate, but it requires you to get creative with the solenoid. I would go with whatever winch they recommend for the bumper. The Smittybilt X20 was a tight fit, and I was able to mount the solenoid box on top under my hoop without extending any wires. The Rough Country 9500 pro is approximately the same size, but I had to do some modification to the clutch handle and still have to figure out where to put the solenoid box(Doesn't fit under the small hoop.)
I'm done for the day, it's too damn hot in Houston.... Once I get home and can work in the garage A/C I will look into extending the wires for the solenoid. :like:

Here is a picture of the winch plate that mounts behind the bumper(Included)
19.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately I am be the wrong person to ask about product availability. @ROAM would have more information as to availability of the different hoop options/models/etc....
It does have an integrated winch plate, but it requires you to get creative with the solenoid. I would go with whatever winch they recommend for the bumper. The Smittybilt X20 was a tight fit, and I was able to mount the solenoid box on top under my hoop without extending any wires. The Rough Country 9500 pro is approximately the same size, but I had to do some modification to the clutch handle and still have to figure out where to put the solenoid box(Doesn't fit under the small hoop.)
I'm done for the day, it's too damn hot in Houston.... Once I get home and can work in the garage A/C I will look into extending the wires for the solenoid. :like:

Here is a picture of the winch plate that mounts behind the bumper(Included)
19.jpg
Thanks so much! That’s the exact winch I will be going with so it’s good to know it fits. I’d prefer the lower profile bull bar to the full sized stinger and was hoping that the solenoid would mount on top but I guess that’s out. But their price is great and saving $250-300 by not having to buy an additional winch plate is hard to beat.

I’m watching the ‘Stros and ocasionally going into the garage working on a home improvement project. Every time I come in from being out there 5 minutes I’m sweating like a whore in church! It’s going to be another unbearable summer in Houston.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Took some better pictures today showing the skyjacker 3.5-4" lift.
DSC_0960.JPG
DSC_0971.JPG
DSC_0963.JPG
DSC_0970.JPG
Man that thing looks massive with that new lift compared to the 2.5 RC you had on it. So what did you do about the rear license plate light? I didn't see one.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Man that thing looks massive with that new lift compared to the 2.5 RC you had on it. So what did you do about the rear license plate light? I didn't see one.

It has settled a good bit since those pictures, but it is still a little high.
Plate is mounted on the rear bumper with Lighted bolts. ROAM includes a bracket to mount the plate and a light, but I liked the simplicity of the light bolts a little better. They were very inexpensive and bright!
DSC_0929.JPG

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Are these from ROAM?
Yes they are. Pre production but they got the valving spot on! I drove my Jeep to work the next morning and it felt like I was driving on a brick in comparison. My ride has always been a little worse, but now it is night/day.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Yes they are. Pre production but they got the valving spot on! I drove my Jeep to work the next morning and it felt like I was driving on a brick in comparison. My ride has always been a little worse, but now it is night/day.
Chris, my kid has Pro Comps on his jeep now and he's looking for some new one's. What shocks would you recommend that won't break the bank?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Chris, my kid has Pro Comps on his jeep now and he's looking for some new one's. What shocks would you recommend that won't break the bank?
The RS9000xl adjustable shocks are great for the $. Especially when they run deals where you buy 3 get one free or they have a rebate on the set of four which makes it nearly the same. They run the specials often. They are currently doing $50 off if you spend between 200-500.

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon

Thanks!
We will have some up and ready in a few weeks. Will keep you updated.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Custom Printed @SPIDERWEBSHADE without the hardtop cutouts installed on my Rubicon today. Version with the cutouts will go on my wife's hardtop in the next few days.
Also installed the @CoolTech CB Mic & Antenna mount on my Rubicon yesterday. Hopefully I have the time to install the same setup on my wife's this weekend.
Custom Shade.jpg

20180523_142329_resized.jpg
20180523_181624_resized.jpg
Sponsored