Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Have you put down a deposit yet? if not try reading the dealership or getting the best price threads (not sure of their exact names). yes they are very long but they have dealers all over the US making 5%-6% off Invoice cost deals and they are so easy to deal with. basically just email and or phone calls and thats it. no hassle! Thats where I learned where to get my best deal!
Sorry Sushi cat! thats the second time this morning I either got the wrong thread or this thing is posting wrong on me.
Sponsored

Froggin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
Anybody know if the mojito Jeep was delivered to Florida yet?

Froggin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
Highly unlikely. In transit just means it's ready for a train .. Could be a little before it actually goes and then there are the stops along the way
I looked when I was at the dealer Thursday it showed that it was waiting for a transport to take it the last leg.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I looked when I was at the dealer Thursday it showed that it was waiting for a transport to take it the last leg.
Ah Ok... So it's potentially close ... It could sit where it's at for who knows how long and also at the final point for who knows how long. I've seen stories of people's jeeps sitting for a couple weeks waiting for a truck at the final stop. One guy lives only a mile from where it's sitting!

Froggin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
Ah Ok... So it's potentially close ... It could sit where it's at for who knows how long and also at the final point for who knows how long. I've seen stories of people's jeeps sitting for a couple weeks waiting for a truck at the final stop. One guy lives only a mile from where it's sitting!
Oh I know lots of stories out there good and bad.

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some advice or feedback from you all in regards to getting a deal on your order. I know it’s a little after the fact, but I haven’t solidified with a deposit yet and I have spent many hours in the pricing and invoice threads scratching my head. If I am able to do better, I will probably have regrets. Which no one likes stinking up a brand new Jeep.

I also understand that not everyone swings a home run on every purchase and that location and trades add more factors. Although Koons has contacted me many times so far...

I’m preapporved through my credit union and all the current numbers line up. My trade is worth about what is left on the note so that made things good-to-go on my end.

They are a smaller dealership in NC and don’t appear to be volume. I’m also assuming:

FFP=Friends/Family Pricing (which appears to be what I got).
EP= Employee Pricing

Pretty vanilla order. Not loaded. Should I cancel and try elsewhere for a better bottom line? All these threads about 5-6% below invoice are starting to get to me.

MSRP as configured: $46,055
List: $43,055

The “conversion equipment” was removed shortly after.

TL;DR Can I do better?

3915593E-239D-4351-88DF-54B35E105BA3.jpeg

BC239035-AF0B-4593-8AFC-8C6BE4340EB1.jpeg

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some advice or feedback from you all in regards to getting a deal on your order. I know it’s a little after the fact, but I haven’t solidified with a deposit yet and I have spent many hours in the pricing and invoice threads scratching my head. If I am able to do better, I will probably have regrets. Which no one likes stinking up a brand new Jeep.

I also understand that not everyone swings a home run on every purchase and that location and trades add more factors. Although Koons has contacted me many times so far...

I’m preapporved through my credit union and all the current numbers line up. My trade is worth about what is left on the note so that made things good-to-go on my end.

They are a smaller dealership in NC and don’t appear to be volume. I’m also assuming:

EP= Employee Pricing

Pretty vanilla order. Not loaded. Should I cancel and try elsewhere for a better bottom line? All these threads about 5-6% below invoice are starting to get to me.

TL;DR Can I do better?

I got “net” as well which is ffp. Pretty sure anyway, can verify. I went to four dealers total. Three of them completely sucked. Never getting pricing back to me on parts etc. pricing out the quote odd (showing “low” numbers in areas and inflating numbers in other areas). In the end I went to the dealer with the least BS , who actually got back to me. Was still annoying and frustrating at times, but worth paying a little more to be local and less on the BS side. I could have drove to another state to get 5% or 6% off invoice but then who knows what haggling happens last second you are there and stuck to pay for it.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito

EP= Employee Pricing

TL;DR Can I do better?

So 5% off invoice is EP. Getting EP is pretty good. The question comes down to you ... How much work do you want to do for that extra 1300?

Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Get in touch with Travis from Tri-city Jeep
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/members/travis-tricityjeep.16788/

He will get you 5% below invoice and if you join the thread lightly program another 1%

I almost had a deal with him but had the same offer from a dealer in Arkansas a lot closer to home. I highly recommend him because he was really great to work with. Nothing but great things to say. Easy deal also!

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
If I did my math correctly you are getting around 1% off invoice. Depending on where you live, it shouldn't be hard to get 4% off invoice. In my experience getting to EP is pretty hard, but it shouldn't be to hard to get right above it. What I would suggest is to get a quote from koonz or another dealer that's offering 4/5% and then email all of the internet managers with the dealers near you and ask if they can beat that price. In the end I had 3 dealers near me willing to do 4% and then I just chose the one that seemed like they would be the most help in case I got a jeep that had issues in the future.
One thing to keep in mind is the fees they try to tack on to the X% off invoice. I had one dealer offer me like 9% off invoice but then after asking what fees they charge it ended up being like 3% and was out of state.

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback and your time fellas. I think I’m just gonna hold out with where I am at for now. See how the build progress goes...

Or wait until 3am when the build code definitions have seared into my frontal lobe and email every dealer in 300 sq mile radius.:like: