Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Love the cage. I was looking at the new genright JLU cage. It has the cross bar behind the front seats like yours - any worry about backseat passenger biting the bars in an accident? Id hope the seat belt would lock but those bars would trash someones face.
I have also looked at the Genright cage in the past for my JK and looked carefully at it when they started marking announcement about the JL version. I just ended up going custom so I could have some control of the options I wanted. Plus it allowed me to support local off-road shop I have had past dealings with.

I guess there is always is risk of hitting a roll bar in accident…. I honest was more worried about roll over.
Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I have also looked at the Genright cage in the past for my JK and looked carefully at it when they started marking announcement about the JL version. I just ended up going custom so I could have some control of the options I wanted. Plus it allowed me to support local off-road shop I have had past dealings with.

I guess there is always is risk of hitting a roll bar in accident…. I honest was more worried about roll over.
Thanks for the insight and appreciate the response. In my JKU I had the weld in Synergy full cage with some tweaks to it. I had the local shop that installed it add joints on the harness bars and I would remove them from behind the front seats when passengers were with me. I guess I could use that technique with the Genright but would be a bitch to get it aligned with that many joints haha. Thanks again!

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
HELL YEAH! Absolutely love the look of the chop with half doors. Nice metal fab to give the same body contours.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So things are getting closed to being finished with the cage project. The cage has been removed and sent off to be powder coated in Evo Grey to match the bumpers and suspension components.

This week the Jeep is off to another shop to have the interior Line-X while the cage it out and the interior is stripped. I hopefully will have some pictures to share this week of the progress.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering selling my Front and Rear Dana 44 axles, (5) KMC Machete Rims, one is brand new in the box still, (4) 37” Cooper STT Pro Tires, (New) Reid Knuckles, (New) Dynatrac Ball Joints and install kit, (New) Knuckle Light brackets, (New) Next Venture Diff Skids, Steer Smart Pro Tierod and Drag Link with Griffin XD and Steering stabilizer.. I also have armor that is brand new from Next Venture Motorsports for the EcoDiesel for the rear muffler and DEF that I will not be using either very shortly.

And going to a full width 73.5” Fusion4x4 Super Kingpin 60 and Dana 80 rear with KMC Gernade 20x10 and Nitto 42’s.. figured should go big and and be done with it.

Sponsored

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
That looks like a lot of straight pipe for the exhaust? Was there a "boating accident" for the emissions?

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like a lot of straight pipe for the exhaust? Was there a "boating accident" for the emissions?
Sorry,

I am not sure what you are asking? Alabama has no emission testing for registration in the state.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered the Jeep Clean Sweep windshield wiper blade kit.. I seen it being advertised today and thought, what the heck.

I guess will see how well it works over the stock ones.

The part number (PW100013AB) if anybody is looking or interested. I order my off BAM Wholesale Parts.
Sponsored