First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
E5525067-9BF3-434F-BC4D-1D51A0575039.jpeg
3D6F58BA-024C-4C14-8839-34813EBB191E.jpeg
Body Color Top Sting Gray Rubi in the Wild! Color looks great with the sun hitting it I would say.
Dang, this color looks so good any way you option it, it’s making it impossible for me to make up my mind!
Just when I thought I was dead set on black top + black fenders (I love how the black accents bookend the 2-door), I see pictures like these that make me wonder how great a 2-door Rubi would look in full Sting Gray garb... :computerrage: :computerrage: :computerrage:
(Ultimate first world non-problem, I realize that!!!)
By the end of the day, I feel like you can’t go wrong, no matter what you choose: unlike a color like white where choosing black accents or not makes a huge difference, with Sting Gray the contrast is less pronounced and every combination I’ve seen looks great to me. I guess that means it’s the right color for me ;)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
3D6F58BA-024C-4C14-8839-34813EBB191E.jpeg
Body Color Top Sting Gray Rubi in the Wild! Color looks great with the sun hitting it I would say.
Photoshop that rear 3/4 view onto a beach, grassy plain or trail head and you would have yourself a serious "Screen Saver of the Year" candidate. With that color-matched top it's one of the best shots so far.

Sponsored

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
I was really kidding, of course, though I do think Inverness has a fantastic track (host of several US Opens, US Senior Opens, PGA Championships and NCAA Tournaments).
You really should fly into Columbus and play a round with Jack at Muirfield Village while you’re at it. It’s all set up for the Memorial Tournament next week! Haha

In all seriousness though Ohio has some amazing courses. Just in Columbus we have Muirfield Village Golf Club, The Golf Club, Scioto Country Club, and Double Eagle Golf Club which are all Top 100 in world rankings. Inverness is up there as well!

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Dang, this color looks so good any way you option it, it’s making it impossible for me to make up my mind!
Just when I thought I was dead set on black top + black fenders (I love how the black accents bookend the 2-door), I see pictures like these that make me wonder how great a 2-door Rubi would look in full Sting Gray garb... :computerrage: :computerrage: :computerrage:
(Ultimate first world non-problem, I realize that!!!)
By the end of the day, I feel like you can’t go wrong, no matter what you choose: unlike a color like white where choosing black accents or not makes a huge difference, with Sting Gray the contrast is less pronounced and every combination I’ve seen looks great to me. I guess that means it’s the right color for me ;)
I had trouble deciding as well and I ultimately realized the soft top will be black so I went with color matched hard top to give me both looks!

Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
I had trouble deciding as well and I ultimately realized the soft top will be black so I went with color matched hard top to give me both looks!
Good point, and the perfect solution!
The only catch is that, realistically, I’ll occasionally remove the Freedom panels but I won’t switch between soft and hard top, so I have to pick a style. I think I’ll go with the black top (if I like both, why not go for the one that’s $1000 cheaper...).
Just have to decide between black or Sting Gray fenders now. Leaning towards the sportier look (black), although I like the traditional look too (body color). Argh!! :headbang:
;)

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 JL Sport S (on order)
You really should fly into Columbus and play a round with Jack at Muirfield Village while you’re at it. It’s all set up for the Memorial Tournament next week! Haha

In all seriousness though Ohio has some amazing courses. Just in Columbus we have Muirfield Village Golf Club, The Golf Club, Scioto Country Club, and Double Eagle Golf Club which are all Top 100 in world rankings. Inverness is up there as well!
Some of my friends belong to Firestone. I'm going up to play with them soon. I've played Inverness a couple of times. Never played the rest. Someday maybe!

impatientray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ordered 3/5, KZ 4/17, Alorton 4/23, delivered 5/15. But it's here now! Dog tax included. Cruised around yesterday instead of door sill guards, rock rails, new mats - too nice out! I was shocked when I got on the interstate how quiet the Premium Soft Top was - I also have the Alpine so not sure how much the active noise cancelling is helping.

IMG_3053.JPG
IMG_3051.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg

OneEyedHito

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 2-Door
Some of my friends belong to Firestone. I'm going up to play with them soon. I've played Inverness a couple of times. Never played the rest. Someday maybe!
Don’t forget the Scarlet!

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Ordered 3/5, KZ 4/17, Alorton 4/23, delivered 5/15. But it's here now! Dog tax included. Cruised around yesterday instead of door sill guards, rock rails, new mats - too nice out! I was shocked when I got on the interstate how quiet the Premium Soft Top was - I also have the Alpine so not sure how much the active noise cancelling is helping.

IMG_3053.JPG
IMG_3051.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg
This confirms that it’s impossible to sit in a new Wrangler without smiling... Even your beautiful dog looks thrilled! Congrats.
Just checking: am I right to assume that with the PST there is no windshield wiper in the back, same as for other soft tops?
Sponsored