OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

AMesick1

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Ford F150, 2018 JLSahara
According to Jeep Cares, Ours is still in "Inspection" I asked how long it could be there and was told up to 30 days. We've been there for 13 days so far. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think "Inspection" is code for something is wrong and it couldn't easily be fixed so it was set aside to figure how to patch the problem. I expect that 30 number to turn into 60 according to the HORROR stories I'm reading with transportation once it's released. My cutoff for waiting will be July 1st and if it's a no show then a 2019 it is. Maybe by then they will get their $h!Y together. I was told in March, by my dealer, they were running no more than 6 weeks for an order to show. 14 weeks is too long to be paying premium for a 2018 when the 2019 is just a few months around the corner from then. I do admit liking that blue but my first choice was the Punkin when it was a copper hue and then Mojito when it was advertised as metallic. FCA is so unorganized in every aspect of their org. That was my rant for the day...
I feel your pain, I have been in "Inspection" for 18 days and I got the same information when I called. I ordered on March 1st and I was told the same it would likely be 6-8 weeks but that has come and passed. I called this number 1-866-362-2146. She couldn't tell me why I was still in inspection so I am taking that as a good sign there isn't anything terminally wrong. Was told to call back in a week, which is the famous line they all say. Still hoping it gets fixed and sent on.:headbang::asshat::(
Sponsored

xman25

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 honda accord
I was also told there is no ETA and that its waiting to ship a week after they told me it was shipped and had an eta of 5/21 to 5/24. The dealership even confirmed a 5/21 eta but now states waiting to be shipped with no eta. I ordered mine 3/26. Week 7 for me.

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Has anyone ever made a change to order while still in D1? was told today by the jeep hotline that it is not yet scheduled to be built. 2nd guessing one of our option choices, or lack there of.

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
From ETA of 5/8 to 5/12 to 5/15 to 5/16 to 5/19 to 5/22 to no ETA and this... Well there's way to test your patience...

chatAgent.png
: It looks like XXXX has escalated your case for the Brand Mentor review, we should hear back on that escalation soon. For the current status I can see we are in the shipping status, let me pull up the shipping system and see if there is any movement to report there.

chatAgent.png
: Sorry for the long wait! It looks like we are still prepping to begin the transportation of the vehicle. I have heard there is a delay with the vehicles shipping out due to the volume of pending shipments but hopefully the Mentor will follow up with more details on when you should expect the vehicle to arrive.

Sponsored

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
Mine went into Inspection on 5/7.. ordered on 4/5 so 6 weeks this Thursday

Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I wrote my dealer on if he knew why ours would be inspection for so long and he wrote back that it's not uncommon to stay in inspection while awaiting shipping. Not sure if that's the norm on procedure.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Heard today at my dealer that teamster shipping is holding a lot of Jeeps up. They are built, but not shipping.

That being said, I am now an Ocean Blue Club member. Just ordered:

Ocean Blue Rubicon
Manual trans
Dual top
Body colored hardtop
Upgraded wheels
All options except smoke group and block heater

We will see how long she takes.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
Whoop Whoop!! Its in the dealers website now. Yay!!! Just a few more ??? days, weeks who knows.

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 9.57.07 PM.png
Here’s hoping it is a short wait!

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
Yippee! My dealer confirmed that my JLUR is on a moving train! Come on choo choo...you can do it...you can do it....

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
I was also told there is no ETA and that its waiting to ship a week after they told me it was shipped and had an eta of 5/21 to 5/24. The dealership even confirmed a 5/21 eta but now states waiting to be shipped with no eta. I ordered mine 3/26. Week 7 for me.
When the ETA disappears, it has meant for a couple of other owners that their Jeep was actually near its destination rail yard. It usually means it will be in the dealership in a few days once a truck can load it and bring it. Hang in there! We are at the same point...
Sponsored