Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Isn't the tongue weight of the 4 door 350 pounds and the gladiator even higher? And they both use the same factory hitch as the 2 door, I would expect. So I'm positive the hitch can handle the weight. The question is if it will make the driving unstable on the 2 door because of the shorter wheelbase. The problem is all the documentation assumes a trailer. So I'm not sure how or if a hitch rack will behave differently than a trailer when over the gtw.
My Draw Tite says 450 lbs tongue weight. I don't see why not. Our friends in Europe say the 2 door can go to 500 depending on the hitch.
Sponsored

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
Max tongue weight on a two door is 200 lbs. Max trailer weight is 2000 lbs. 4 dr is 350lbs/3500lbs. PER JEEP USER GUIDE.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! towi

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

905_gladiator

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2021 JLU, 2020 JL
Looks like you raised her right!
:CWL:she actually pushed for the Jeep i didn't want her to get it at all...she turned down a CLA, Beetle Convert, HRV, CX3 but all good!

slapping on my Rubicon steel bumper on there this weekend and on the hunt for some nice wheels w/h 35's

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport JL 2dr Hella Yella
Nothing crazy to the Sport but had fun doing it. Got the 392 bumper at a great price, wasn’t something I planned to do but was happy with how it turned out (stuck with halogen fogs so brackets were a bit of a pain to track down). Ended up just going with stock size AT3Ws (245/75R17), talked myself out of 33s for now (warranty issues?)

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! A913DCF8-9270-4E6D-A26C-63D7B83B7EF2

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! 426E1F62-FC67-4554-A0D3-B03F5D1959D3

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! 8775CCD1-A97D-4A81-A6C9-D13553DA721C

Last edited:

Sponsored

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Visited Point Washington State Forest today and did a little wheeling. Most of the trails were closed unfortunately, so it was mostly forest roads. Still lots of fun though!
Just came across this state park on tripadvisor & cross-referenced the forum for more info. (looking at taking a few days off down there next month) Anything a newbie should be prepared for there? My son is dying for me to get the jeep dirty & this would be my first trails.

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Just came across this state park on tripadvisor & cross-referenced the forum for more info. (looking at taking a few days off down there next month) Anything a newbie should be prepared for there? My son is dying for me to get the jeep dirty & this would be my first trails.
I would download the app "Gaia GPS" or go to the website to help get a lay of the land before hand. When I was there, most of the trails were closed off to vehicles, so it's very beginner friendly. The trails that are open, are actually just forest roads so there are no clearance issues, obstructions, etc. One thing I did notice however, was that it looks like it could get muddy in some areas with some nice little "pools" on the road.

What days are you planning on coming down? They say it's always better to have a buddy offroad and I'd be down to tag along. Also, July 29th a big Jeep club here will be doing a cruise through that park if you're around.