CO Ketchup Build

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
What an incredible trip Max! Banff is on my bucket list for sure, such a great collection of photos, look forward to more.

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Drove up the Dalton Highway to Prudhoe Bay, dipped toes in the Arctic Ocean, then meandered back through Denali National Park, Talkeetna, and some other places before returning to base camp. Pics:

Dalton Highway Start:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Dalton Highway Start

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Muskoxen

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Prudhoe Bay

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Colville Fuel Point

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build General Store

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Wreck

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Dalton Highway

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Bicyclist

Sponsored

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I mentioned experiencing severe bump steer earlier so took advantage of the Auto Skills Center on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER). Any decent size military installation has a facility like this for you to work on your own vehicle in a number of ways. They have a good amount of toolage and equipment for just about any job so I rented a flat bay for $8 bucks an hour (all lift bays were taken) and proceeded to address the front-end.

Everything seemed to check-out with the exception of the front UCA joints, axle side. I replaced the stock clevite bushings with the RockJock JL Frontend Housing Kit back when I built the front axle and now found that I could move one of the pivot balls by hand which was disappointing because these joints only have 15K miles on them.

Nothing I can do about that right now so I ended up tearing down the front right corner and removed the 1/2 spacer I installed a couple months ago to correct the from-factory-lean. Knocked out a quick oil change, dialed caster up a hair, rotated and rebalanced the tires, paid my rental bay fee of $20 bucks and hit the road, and presto the JL is back to riding smooth again, bump steer gone.

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Sho

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build 1 2 Spacer

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Great shots & updates Max, looks like you knew exactly when to get up North and beat the sweltering heat!
Look forward to more, sure looks like the adventure of a lifetime, send some of that chill down our way PLEASE!

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Well the trip is complete, back in Colorado Springs. I might do a separate Trip Report of my Alaska trip, still on the fence since there are just SO many pictures, it's kind of overwhelming. Regardless, we covered a lot of ground in the 3 month trip and had some very unique experiences. Also met some great people along the way that I know I'll be keeping in touch with for the rest of my life. Here's a couple shots of camping on the beach at Anchor Point while we were checking out the greater Homer area:

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Homer_01

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build Homer_02
Sponsored