PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Reading rest of thread I see you have yours now. Congrats, hope you're loving yours as much as I"m loving mine. What do ya think of it? Looks just like mine lol
Yes! We have twins.

This is my first Jeep/Wrangler and I've loving it. I registered for an introductory off roading course held by our local Jeep club next month. Hoping it helps me learn the limits of my Jeep without making me go out and buy a new bumper, winch, rock sliders, etc. Hahaha!
Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Its worth the wait, my wait was 78 days from order to delivery. You'll have to let me know when you get yours so we can get together with them. what mods have you ordered already?
I’m on day 98 with no delivery in sight and my lease is up this Thursday. Doesn’t look like a Jeep is in my future.

Bill 13

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR
Hope you're enjoying your new baby! (assuming you got to pick it up today). I know I'm LOVING mine. I know what you mean about "sad", i spent part of my day today prepping my old one to put for sale after 7.5 yrs of wonderful service
Thanks! Hope you've enjoyed yours this weekend as well. Picked her up Friday but sadly it was such a busy weekend I didn't spend much time driving around. Just ran some small errands when possible. We have 4 kids so the Jeep doesn't work for doing anything with the entire family.

I took the hard top off today and installed the soft top. Went pretty smoothly while watching the Quadratech video but I struggled with the back corners a little. Still not sure they're 100% correctly put together. Had to get it done with a pretty good looking week coming up. It's certainly a huge step up from my JK, especially coming from the 3.8l engine. Looking forward to this week's commuting but I only live 12 minutes from the office which in this case is disappointing...

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Hope you've enjoyed yours this weekend as well. Picked her up Friday but sadly it was such a busy weekend I didn't spend much time driving around. Just ran some small errands when possible. We have 4 kids so the Jeep doesn't work for doing anything with the entire family.

I took the hard top off today and installed the soft top. Went pretty smoothly while watching the Quadratech video but I struggled with the back corners a little. Still not sure they're 100% correctly put together. Had to get it done with a pretty good looking week coming up. It's certainly a huge step up from my JK, especially coming from the 3.8l engine. Looking forward to this week's commuting but I only live 12 minutes from the office which in this case is disappointing...
I took the hard top off today too but didnt get the soft top on, instead i drove it around a couple hours naked (the jeep not me), maybe tomorrow lol. When i got home i put my nitto 35's on, again the soft top is still in the box lol. I loved my '11 jk (3.8L), still do but ya i cant believe the difference between the two, just amazing. even with my 35's i have tons of power and torque. My jeep is my office, i work from it, i spend prolly 30 hrs a week in it (mostly local not much highway). My kids are grown now so we got rid of the caravan for another jeep a couple years ago, the wife wanted her own ('17JKU) lol. Cheers!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
My first Punk'n spotted in the wild. Parking lot on a gloomy day, yet it still brightens things up.

Bill 13

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR
I took the hard top off today too but didnt get the soft top on, instead i drove it around a couple hours naked (the jeep not me), maybe tomorrow lol. When i got home i put my nitto 35's on, again the soft top is still in the box lol. I loved my '11 jk (3.8L), still do but ya i cant believe the difference between the two, just amazing. even with my 35's i have tons of power and torque. My jeep is my office, i work from it, i spend prolly 30 hrs a week in it (mostly local not much highway). My kids are grown now so we got rid of the caravan for another jeep a couple years ago, the wife wanted her own ('17JKU) lol. Cheers!
You need to post a pic with the new tires! I've been debating about what to get. Did you put them on the stock rims? I had Toyo MT's on my JK which I loved and then I went to the Duratracs which were decent on road but were noticeably not as good offroad. While I don't get there much, I think I'd still like to try something else. Would like to put 35's on the stock rims since I spent a few bucks to upgrade them.

First top down drive today was so nice. Summer is finally arriving.

Sponsored

Gymguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hydro Blue Unlimited Rubicon
Looks amazing, just curious when you say not the orange you were hoping for what do you mean? Not bright enough? Too much red? I have not seen it in person and all the pictures look different.

View attachment 42874 Finally picked up my new baby. All I can say is WOW! I'm in love. Not quite the orange I was hoping for but I still do really love it. I love that it still drives like the jeeps I'm used to, stiff and tight. Love the power between the 3.6 and the 6 speed. The 8.4 it's amazing, can't wait to enjoy all it has to offer. Only drove 100kms today but it was impressive! They knocked this one out of the ballpark.

Let the mods begin
I'll post more pics when I get a chance

20180510_201200.jpg

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
My JLUR finally arrived at my dealership!

I was so nervous because I ordered the color without seeing it in person. I knew it wasn't anything like the original marketing pic but many of the pictures I've seen had me puzzled because it was so similar to Firecracker red.

Those concerns were quickly put to rest upon seeing my vehicle. I think someone said this earlier but this is a screaming orange. A bold take no prisoners orange. One which makes pedestrians stop dead in their tracks and think just one thing -- orange!

I won't post any pics because they look more reddish than orange and because you're probably bored of seeing pics of Jeeps in the dealer lot.

I'll take my Rubicon into the mountains tomorrow and hopefully remember to take a pic!
Great picture in the mountains. More More More Please.............