Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail

klarak25

First Name
Klara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Willy's
If anyone is looking to do some off roading in southeastern Oklahoma this is one option! Did a fun off road trail by Broken Bow Lake in Oklahoma this past weekend! It's part of the Ouachita National Forest. On AllTrails it's called Bee Creek and Dyer Mountain and the trail map is pretty accurate. The trail doesn't really take long but its sure fun and bumpy and requires a bit of technical driving. The first mile of the trail is the most difficult, then it's just a fun ride. Camped overnight on the trail and the amount of stars we saw was breathtaking. We saw some people on our way out but the first day there was no one else there; it's very nice, secluded, and quiet. Sorry I didn't take photos of the first part! I just have a few below.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail IMG_8911.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail IMG_8912

Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail IMG_8915
Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail afb3d13d-46f2-4ae0-b59e-13330544fc12.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail IMG_8913

Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail IMG_8914

IMG_8911.PNG

afb3d13d-46f2-4ae0-b59e-13330544fc12.JPG
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Looks like fun there. Was just out in Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago and might have given this trail a try. Born and raised out there.

I'm ok with tarantulas. Just not the rattle snakes and scorpions often found out there though lol.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Was out there for work last year and loved exploring the east side of broken bow lake. Found and climbed a fire tower and ran a trail down to the water on the east side that led to a nice private cove type area. Great spot to explore for sure.

OP
OP
klarak25

klarak25

First Name
Klara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like fun there. Was just out in Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago and might have given this trail a try. Born and raised out there.

I'm ok with tarantulas. Just not the rattle snakes and scorpions often found out there though lol.
I definitely want to go back and find more trails to do! It was so fun and such a beautiful area of OK 😍

OP
OP
klarak25

klarak25

First Name
Klara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was out there for work last year and loved exploring the east side of broken bow lake. Found and climbed a fire tower and ran a trail down to the water on the east side that led to a nice private cove type area. Great spot to explore for sure.
Oh wow I love the sound of that! Definitely going to do more trails in that area.

Sponsored

OP
OP
klarak25

klarak25

First Name
Klara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone has any trail suggestions in any part of Oklahoma, please let me know!

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Oh wow I love the sound of that! Definitely going to do more trails in that area.

I think I've got the track recorded in Gaia for those trails - it's been awhile but if I can dig them out of my phone I'll send a photo of the map or a gpx file on here.

This is the fire watch tower - many of the wooden planks for the stairs were gone but you could still easily get to the top by stepping on the steel mounting points for the planks. Great view up there. Spent five months in De Queen, AR just over the border shooting that Prison Detox show for Discovery. Drove my Jeep from CA and had a great time in both AR and OK with it. I may be preaching to the choir here but but Byrd's Adventure Center is awesome too, lots of great wheeling and river crawling up that way.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oklahoma: Hochatown, Broken Bow Lake Overnight Off Road Trail C13D4A63-492C-4B83-81FA-AE708F5ACE78_1_105_c

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Hahaha I’m actually terrified of spiders…very slowly getting over that fear
Tarantulas are nothing, Google Camelback Spider.
Sponsored