Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Great work on both jeeps Chris. I was originally waiting for the new LOD destroyers for mine but after you initially posted the pics of the roams, I had Anthony notify me when they came in. Just installed them a couple of days ago and they are rock solid and really well built. Can you lift your jeep with a forklift using them like the destoyers, I don't know, but they are really nice steps for less than half the LOD price.
Anyway, I haven't wired the lights yet, so I'm also waiting on your pics and any other helpful hints you have. Did you solder all the ends together or use quick connects? What wire did you use between all the ends and the battery? I apologize for the stupid questions, but I've never done anything with wire strands this small. Thanks for your help. (Again)
Great to hear, glad you are happy! I may attempt to lift my new set with the forklift when they arrive :fingerscrossed: My wife has an older revision of the steps, but she & the kids needed them more for the steps and door ding protection than I do. I am currently waiting for my new set just like most of the people on the forums.

If you look at the post above I have a link for my attempted writeup on wiring the lights. I may have missed a few steps, or forgot some pictures but I lost patience towards the end of the actual "writing" portion and just wanted to finish it.
I think it will answer most of the questions you asked.
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer them.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...with-door-open-illumination.8744/#post-192895
Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Great to hear, glad you are happy! I may attempt to lift my new set with the forklift when they arrive :fingerscrossed: My wife has an older revision of the steps, but she & the kids needed them more for the steps and door ding protection than I do. I am currently waiting for my new set just like most of the people on the forums.

If you look at the post above I have a link for my attempted writeup on wiring the lights. I may have missed a few steps, or forgot some pictures but I lost patience towards the end of the actual "writing" portion and just wanted to finish it.
I think it will answer most of the questions you asked.
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer them.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...with-door-open-illumination.8744/#post-192895

Yep, very happy with the build quality. I haven't lifted mine yet, at this point it was for my wife and 9 year old and to avoid any more rock chips from the front tires. Might be more useful for me once i lift mine, right now I just hit the back or side of my calf getting out. The removable backing plate behind the roam cutout was a nice touch. My wife suggested painting the "ROAM" to match the lettering on my wheels and I wasn't looking forward to taping the letters for paint when I discovered the backing plates were removable. I'll check out the link, thanks again!

fuel.jpg

roam.jpg

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, very happy with the build quality. I haven't lifted mine yet, at this point it was for my wife and 9 year old and to avoid any more rock chips from the front tires. Might be more useful for me once i lift mine, right now I just hit the back or side of my calf getting out. The removable backing plate behind the roam cutout was a nice touch. My wife suggested painting the "ROAM" to match the lettering on my wheels and I wasn't looking forward to taping the letters for paint when I discovered the backing plates were removable. I'll check out the link, thanks again!

fuel.jpg

roam.jpg
Very nice! The version we have doesn't have a removable backing plate.
Now it's time to draw in the compass for the O in ROAM. ;)

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Wife and I finally got to take the Jeeps offroad. Unfortunately the only offroad parks near us are "mud parks"
I think next time we will make the 3-4 hour trip to one of the more "Rock Crawling" oriented parks. The mud is fun, but the aftermath is a pain to deal with!
DSC_0969.jpg
DSC_0972.jpg
DSC_0974.jpg
DSC_0977.jpg
DSC_0980.jpg
DSC_0984.jpg
DSC_0987.jpg
DSC_0992.jpg
DSC_1001.jpg
DSC_1014.jpg
DSC_1017.jpg
DSC_1018.jpg
DSC_1029.jpg
DSC_1032.jpg
DSC_1042.jpg
DSC_1052.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all went to Creekside without me. Dammit. Looks like it was fun.
Sorry, it was sort of a spur of the moment thing. We were thinking of something to do for mother's day, and just decided that we would all enjoy it.
It was fun, but I'm not doing it again anytime soon. I don't think I will ever get all the mud off :headbang:

Next trip is to Hidden Falls.

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
Y'all went to Creekside without me. Dammit. Looks like it was fun.
I’d invite you to Hidden falls with us but I worry our pack of little men would drive you crazy, heck they drive us crazy. When I met Chris, he had a full head of hair. Then we had kids and it all fell out. :cwl:

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I'm working on a plan to go to Hidden with a buddy. We definitely need to try and sync up. Sounds like it would be a fun time.

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It sounds like both of you have the manual JL. I test drove a manual this weekend and was really impressed by it and am leaning towards getting a manual. With the 35s and 37s does the manual perform well or do you ever wish you’d gone with the 8 speed?

Great write up by the way, a lot of good info in your build thread!

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like both of you have the manual JL. I test drove a manual this weekend and was really impressed by it and am leaning towards getting a manual. With the 35s and 37s does the manual perform well or do you ever wish you’d gone with the 8 speed?

Great write up by the way, a lot of good info in your build thread!
Thanks!

My wife @TankGirl isn't next to me to ask how she feels, but I'm very happy I went with the 6spd even with my 37's & factory 4.10 gears. I will eventually re-gear as 6th gear is fairly useless at speeds under 70mph, and I do have to downshift more often to maintain speed on the highway.
I spend most of my time in the city at speeds under 55-60mph, and at those speeds I am very happy with the way it drives.
I love driving a manual, so the automatic never really was an option for me(Even if it performs better.) My wife had a choice, and after driving the 6spd she wanted one even though she hasn't owned a manual in years.

Sponsored

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Great, thanks for the quick feedback! I really enjoy driving a manual as well.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Both of the Jeeps look awesome Chris, good taste on the builds. Seems to have been a fun filled weekend.... but I hate cleaning mud, it’s never ending and you have twice the fun in that job. Time to get the little guys out there on a creeper with a wash bucket :giggle:

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Both of the Jeeps look awesome Chris, good taste on the builds. Seems to have been a fun filled weekend.... but I hate cleaning mud, it’s never ending and you have twice the fun in that job. Time to get the little guys out there on a creeper with a wash bucket :giggle:
LMAO, being mother's day they attempted to help me clean her Jeep :party:
If I sent them under the Jeep with the creeper I would be concerned they may never make it back out. The giant clumps of hardened mud that randomly fall out are dangerous lol.
Thanks for the compliment!