Sponsored

Makes NO Sense to Buy Anything other than a Rubicon

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
The opine of a Rubicon under a Sport is a simply confine one of a musing of a man walking making mundane conquests of mannerisms that neither a Rubicon or a Sport could concisely or creatively comprehend.

Meaning, if a man were to walk would he question his feet? Meaning, if a man were to walk around the globe, and say that it took no time at all, perhaps you'd be one of the few inclined to say "That is because time does not exists". Now that may be so, but a better reply would have been, "You couldn't, you'd have to walk on water.", which isn't that good of a reply at all since walking on water can be done and has been accomplished.

The problem is not in the fact that, the man spun a globe and stopped it in full circle while taking a shuffled step to gather his balance and managed to persuade you to not understand the question.. But that he lied, No time at all, regardless of any and possibly all meaning is just plane misleading.
Sponsored

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Loved my JK Rubi, but-JLU Rubicon priced same as base Porsche Macan, no brainer.

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
I've came to the same conclusion when pricing out the Jeep. The best values seem to be the Sport S and Rubicon.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Makes NO sense to buy anything other than a horse.

The cost compared to a Rubicon is way less. Only has one horsepower engine, but it runs on hay and sugar cubes. Excellent at rock crawling. Amazing approach, departure, and breakover angles. If you go to a horse jamboree, your horse and your friend's horse can make another horse!

Seriously, why would someone not buy a horse?

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Based off the shipping trends I’ve noticed (Rubicon quick deliveries vs dragged out Sahara and Sports), this thread title is starting to make more sense...

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I've came to the same conclusion when pricing out the Jeep. The best values seem to be the Sport S and Rubicon.
To me, the 2 door Sport S and the 4 door Sport are the best (read: least-worst) values in the JL lineup--especially if you save two grand and opt for the manual transmission like a cool person.

Although, maaaybe a 2 door Rubicon with no other options is halfway decent value, too.

Saharas are now crazy.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if leasing and not going to off-road:
RV
73% sport
68% Rubi
$60/mo lease payment delta for $45k Msrp

Last edited:

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Based off the shipping trends I’ve noticed (Rubicon quick deliveries vs dragged out Sahara and Sports), this thread title is starting to make more sense...
(Figures MY Rubicon would be the exception to the rule and get stuck in Alorton! :angry:)

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Is a Rubicon "better"? Well d'uh, but every time I priced one out I kept hitting those options and topped out well over 50k. We bought a Sport S because we walked in to our dealership for an oil change on our 2012 Liberty and there it was. The right color, heated seats, and the right price. We bought it and we love it! We've owned multiple Jeeps over the years and we know the Sport will take us everywhere we need to go.
When it doesn't we'll trade up. :jk:

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
This week I went from a nicely loaded Sport S to a nicely loaded Rubi. For me it made sense.

And my reason why had to do with what I was going to change/upgrade on the Sport S. All total I was looking at a bit over 5k. Price for going to Rubi is 7400. With the Rubi I will not need to do the upgrades I would have on the Sport S, plus I get some nice extras. Downside, I imagine I am now moved to the back of the line for orders.

So again, with my situation it made sense. For others maybe not. I do not agree with the thread title, but think depending on how you option and what upgrades you would do to a Sport S it may make more sense to go Rubicon.

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
(Figures MY Rubicon would be the exception to the rule and get stuck in Alorton! :angry:)
HAHAHA :cwl::cwl: I’m so sorry but that’s funny! I’m right there with ya (with a Sahara)! :facepalm: I feel like it was kind of the same way as I waited for Sting-Gray to become available. I thought to myself “Ah they’ll have this all figured out by the time mine comes.” Nope. And of course some people who just hopped on the bandwagon get theirs in 4-6 weeks and act like it was Sooo long.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Makes NO sense to buy anything other than a horse.

The cost compared to a Rubicon is way less. Only has one horsepower engine, but it runs on hay and sugar cubes. Excellent at rock crawling. Amazing approach, departure, and breakover angles. If you go to a horse jamboree, your horse and your friend's horse can make another horse!

Seriously, why would someone not buy a horse?
Wait, so you're saying that if I put my Wrangler on top of another Wrangler and play some Berry White on the Alpine, they won't make a Renegade? i thought that was the whole reason for the approach, departure and break over angles in the first place. Man, my dealer's full of shit...

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
HAHAHA :cwl::cwl: I’m so sorry but that’s funny! I’m right there with ya (with a Sahara)! :facepalm: I feel like it was kind of the same way as I waited for Sting-Gray to become available. I thought to myself “Ah they’ll have this all figured out by the time mine comes.” Nope. And of course some people who just hopped on the bandwagon get theirs in 4-6 weeks and act like it was Sooo long.
Hey, you have to laugh, so you don’t cry, right? :like:

Another day Jeep tells me there is nothing they can do and please wait and call back in a week to see if there are any further updates. :angry:

Hopefully you will have better luck, Lurvis! :fingerscrossed:

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
When you price out a nicely equipped Sahara it's basically the same price as a Rubicon. Granted the Sahara rides much better, but if your that picky about ride quality, you are in the wrong vehicle.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I tend to agree here. I know the Sahara sells like crazy but that's the model I wouldn't get. I obviously went with the Sport S since I went with the 4 door. I was originally planning on a 2 door Rubicon but wanted the extra space.

yea it cost me a couple grand for a lift and tires but I'm 100% happy with my choice. It's setup perfectly for my needs and I can even get around Ouray with absolutely no issue.

20180506_112234.jpg
Sponsored