Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I am currently saving to purchase a JLU Rubicon. I would like to see how a Rubicon looks on 35s with nno lift. I have been back and forth between just 35s, or 37s with a lift.
If you're doing serious crawling the 35's will rub. I've managed to do some rubbing in the back with my stock tires on my 2021 JLR. 37 with lift is the ultimate bang for the buck on a Rubicon if you don't break the front axle at the FAD. You'd have to bump it pretty hard to break the FAD as the weight of the wheel has nothing to do with the bending stress on the axles, it's the weight of the vehicle and the impulse from the bump. Lots of guys on 37's have broken at the FAD, but very few on stock wheels, so I'm guessing they're wheeling harder.
Sponsored

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi Mark, it has been a year, do you have any updates on the 35s? The photos look great!
Thank you, the 35s are great, will most likely add a lift this year, just need to decide which one. Too many choices!

somerset20

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Thank you, the 35s are great, will most likely add a lift this year, just need to decide which one. Too many choices!
Which shop did you have your 35 installed? I'm considering doing the same when my rubi arrives. I called discount tires @ castle rock and they are not sure if the 35 can be installed on the stock wheel. Thanks.

Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Just came across this, here's my 22 JLUR 6mt 4.88's with 35's Trxus MT +12mm offset rims

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift 20220313_142645

Regards,
Jim

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Which shop did you have your 35 installed? I'm considering doing the same when my rubi arrives. I called discount tires @ castle rock and they are not sure if the 35 can be installed on the stock wheel. Thanks.
My Jeep was running a 315/70/17 (35") on the stock wheels My 392XR is running 37" tires
A 35x12.50x17 or a 37x12.50x17 will fit on a stock rim, just look at all of the Jeeps on this forum alone that are running bigger tires on the stock rims. You just have to decide which load range tire you want to go with and see what tire pressure others are running to get the best ride

somerset20

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
My Jeep was running a 315/70/17 (35") on the stock wheels My 392XR is running 37" tires
A 35x12.50x17 or a 37x12.50x17 will fit on a stock rim, just look at all of the Jeeps on this forum alone that are running bigger tires on the stock rims. You just have to decide which load range tire you want to go with and see what tire pressure others are running to get the best ride
Is there any issue to hang the 35 spare tire? Do you need to re-calibrate after putting the 35s? Thanks

nocibuR

First Name
Darl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
Stock wheels won’t be a problem. With my offset I had to extend the rubber bump stops for the spare and ditch the camera cover but that’s it. Stock brake light location and it doesn’t hit the bumper.

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
This thread was really helpful and here’s my contribution.

Attaching pictures so those of you looking at 35’s on factory wheels can see how they look.
I was looking to go with Toyo Open Country A/T III but they proved difficult to track down and so I went with BFG All-Terrain KO315/70R-17.
Don and Matt at @Discount Tire were a great help and they made the process a breeze.

Pictures are before and after adding the 35’s, with front and back images to show how the 35’s don’t poke on the factory wheels.
Also images of the size difference between the factory and the 315.
I drove it like this for a few days with no rubbing at all (as expected) but have since added the Dynatrac Endurasport 2” lift, and you can see how that looks here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift 285

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift 315

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift Front New

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift Rear New

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift Tires 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift Tires 2

Last edited:

Sponsored

somerset20

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Factory 285/70-17 bfgoodrich ko2's in the 1st pic, and 315/70-17 ko2's in the 2nd...

Same comparison shots from the rear...

Just a heads up, that the 3rd brake light will be hidden from view from anyone behind in a lower vehicle. Also, the tire lightly rubbed the factory steel rear bumper...

Not long after the 315's, I upgraded the factory plastic carrier to a Teraflex Alpha HD for the added strength and its height and depth adjustability. Relocating the 3rd brake light was an added plus...
Looks great! Did you use backspacing? Thanks.

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I went to Discount Tire in Parker off Lincoln. And I had the 315 BFGs installed, they will definitely fit on the stock rim, you can find lots of threads discussing this topic.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Is there any issue to hang the 35 spare tire? Do you need to re-calibrate after putting the 35s? Thanks
FCA reccomended weight on tailgate is 85#. There are a lot of people (myself included) running a heavier set up (mine are 100lbs each) with zero issues. YMMV and you should 100% keep an eye on hinge, rattles and door sag. I haven't seen it at all at 6 months of ownership.

Yes, you will need to recalibrate with 35s. I use JScan but there are a lot of options out there.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I have not had any issue with the spare, it actually touches the rear bumper ever so slightly and that keeps the wobble and shaking of it down. You can recalibrate with a tazer or your Jeep dealer can do it for you, but they get over $100 to do it, at least by me. My speedometer was not off by much. Depending on what tire size you have now vs the 35" will also help make the decision if you need to recalibrate

Fftoddster

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two many
Clubs

Here you go. I can also confirm that there is no rubbing at full articulation.
Looks great! At full flex with that lift do you think if the tires poked out another 1/2" (0mm offset instead of 10mm) it would still clear? Did you change bump stops? Thanks.
Sponsored