Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the autel Evo. Looks to be much better than dji (although I despise dji so I'm biased).
Dare I say...Looks like a DJI Mavic Pro knock off? DJI has perfected their camera, flight, and software capabilities over the years while many have tried to match them. 3DR Solo attempted to match DJI which ultimately led to their fall as a consumer drone company. I havenā€™t had a bad experience with DJI yet and they always seem to push their own technology development while keeping costs affordable.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Dare I say...Looks like a DJI Mavic Pro knock off? DJI has perfected their camera, flight, and software capabilities over the years while many have tried to match them. 3DR Solo attempted to match DJI which ultimately led to their fall as a consumer drone company. I havenā€™t had a bad experience with DJI yet and they always seem to push their own technology development while keeping costs affordable.
Sorry I didn't mean to push anyone's buttons with that comment. I had a mavic that disconnected from my controller at 30ish ft away under an open slo and then flew towards me into a group of trees and up into them after triggering RTH. They blamed me for the entire thing.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I didn't mean to push anyone's buttons with that comment. I had a mavic that disconnected from my controller at 30ish ft away under an open slo and then flew towards me into a group of trees and up into them after triggering RTH. They blamed me for the entire thing.
Iā€™ve definitely heard disconnection stories like that. Trees are still Kryptonite to drones and sadly no one has implemented sensors that point up yet.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I need one with AI to fly the trail infront of me and scout out terrain, and relay to display in cab. That would be the ultimate wrangler offload toy!

Sponsored

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Out with Jeep and Mavic

org_2a51ec3f8aaa0d2b_1524259800000.jpg
Ugh nice pic. "Ugh" because I thought I'd be the first one on here and was going to take both the JL and Mavic out this weekend -- finally warming up here where I am :)

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Phantom 4 Pro here. Love it!!!!

nice video, I have the phantom 4 pro too, took me a while to get the courage but most of my best pictures/video is over the water where there is less interference, I can send it out over 3 miles with no issues, I got some really good shots over the Bay Bridge in Maryland and light houses....

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
try the point of interest mode around objects like lighthouses, you will get really. smooth video and side sensors keep the drone at a safe distance....

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
We did some follow mode work with a buddies Spark this last weekend.

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been debating on the mavic Air for a while now due to its portability since I travel so much for work thought it would be a nice grab and go drone, but if what your saying is true about the Pro 2 coming out I might hold off to see specs on it and see their new price point.

Does the follow mode work for following your Jeep? I have been getting into Photography and Video so I am getting real antsy wanting to buy one :)

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
they just released a Pro version 2.0, supposed to be 60% quiter and has occusync transmission that gives you better picture transmission at long distances. Some mild changes to the phantom Pro. Cant beat the mavic for portability, but the backpack bag I use for the pro makes it really easy to carry if you are hiking or biking and it holds 3 batteries, 3 sets of props, controller, etc. follow mode works fine but you can't drive the vehicle and fly the drone, best on wide open space, drone top speed is about 45 mph

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Any update on drones? Would like to take one out on the trail to look around.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Any update on drones? Would like to take one out on the trail to look around.
Depends on what you plan on doing with it. Most members here mention DJI drones as they are quite popular. Are you only planning on using one for looking around trails or will you be recording aerial footage/taking aerial pics as well?

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Depends on what you plan on doing with it. Most members here mention DJI drones as they are quite popular. Are you only planning on using one for looking around trails or will you be recording aerial footage/taking aerial pics as well?
I would like to take some video footage also, but really it is just a grown up toy. Was looking at the DJI Spark.
Sponsored