First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon wrangler unlimited
New 2018 JLU Rubicon missing some iPOD playlists

Less than 1/2 of my ipod playlists show under browse and playists for IPOD
I have an iphone that behaves similarly, but displays a partial and different set of playlists
Software is updated using official apple cords

Uconnect folks have no clue about why this is happening.

Any thoughts

Thanks, Dave
Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have actually started having this issue using craplay and trying to play my amazon prime music app. It will show me the correct number of artists and albums but when I go in to them it might show 1 out of the 2 and it is never the one I actually want to listen to.

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
If you're driving and trying to get to Artists in your iPhone library, it will only let you see the recent artists and not let you scroll to an artist. Unless you physically hold the phone and look for it while you're driving. This is so annoying.

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 JL Sport S, 2015 RR Sport
Is this the way Uconnect and Carplay have always worked together? I just sold a 2017 Audi A4 for my JLUR, and Apple Carplay is acting completely different in the Jeep. In the Audi, I would click on Artist, it would show me all the albums from that artist, I would select one album, it would show all the songs, then I would click on a song, Now, I am only seeing the recent 5-10 artists, and when I click on one of them it just starts playing all their songs alphabetically with no option of choosing a specific album.
I hope this is something that will be addressed and fixed. If not, Carplay has gone from one of my favorite features to something completely useless.

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
Is this the way Uconnect and Carplay have always worked together? I just sold a 2017 Audi A4 for my JLUR, and Apple Carplay is acting completely different in the Jeep. In the Audi, I would click on Artist, it would show me all the albums from that artist, I would select one album, it would show all the songs, then I would click on a song, Now, I am only seeing the recent 5-10 artists, and when I click on one of them it just starts playing all their songs alphabetically with no option of choosing a specific album.
I hope this is something that will be addressed and fixed. If not, Carplay has gone from one of my favorite features to something completely useless.
I had a 2016 VW GTI with CarPlay and it didn't act like my JL is. The GTI version had so much more freedom to choose whatever I wanted while in drive.

It's really aggravating.

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Same thanks thing for me. It only shows about 8 artist... when I have so many more on my Iphone...glad I an not alone... It’s kind useless unless I plug in my IPhone...lame fo 2018 tech.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
New 2018 JLU Rubicon missing some iPOD playlists

Less than 1/2 of my ipod playlists show under browse and playists for IPOD
I have an iphone that behaves similarly, but displays a partial and different set of playlists
Software is updated using official apple cords

Uconnect folks have no clue about why this is happening.

Any thoughts

Thanks, Dave
There might be a bug in iPhone and you don’t realize . Apple has bugs and we don’t realize it . You might have apts that interfere with connection

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
It does the same thing with Playlists too. It’s very annoying. I hope it’s fixed soon.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
It won't interface with my iPod Classic at all. Browse never becomes available, no matter how long I leave it plugged in. All I can do is select a list on the iPod itself and then plug it in, and then it will play only that list. Basically as though I plugged it into auxiliary, with no voice control.

I had to spend hours converting my files to mp3 and putting my playlists onto a USB 3.0 stick to make my music useable. This also happened to me in 2012 when my Ford flex would not interface with an iPod manufactured 5 years prior. I'm done with Apple.

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
It's a safety feature, and I'm not sure you can bypass it. I think the list cap is 20 or something small like that. I still don't understand the logic CarPlay used, but it emphasizes driving safety, so it's not going to let you spend a lot of time with your eyes on the screen. I think the original design intention was to have the driver use Siri to find your music, but when my top is off, or I'm zipping down the road at 70, Siri is pretty useless.

Sponsored

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 JL Sport S, 2015 RR Sport
Sorry to revive this older thread, but I just noticed something regarding the Carplay in my Jeep.... As I and several others mentioned above, the choices in artists, albums, etc are very limited and the system wants you to use Siri for anything more than the most recent five or so titles that Carplay shows. But, when I got in my Jeep the other day, plugged my phone in and started scrolling through my music, I noticed it was acting like it had in the Audi I just sold. I had access to scroll through all artists, all albums under each artist, etc... I was thrilled and figured it must have been something a recent update to Uconnect or my iPhone fixed. Turns out, Carplay will work this way (As it should) when the vehicle is stopped. Once you start moving, it reverts to the asinine way we have described.

Does anyone know if this is something you could change with the Tazer OBD Programmer, or another similar device? That alone would be worth the purchase price for me.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
It won't interface with my iPod Classic at all. Browse never becomes available, no matter how long I leave it plugged in. All I can do is select a list on the iPod itself and then plug it in, and then it will play only that list. Basically as though I plugged it into auxiliary, with no voice control.

I had to spend hours converting my files to mp3 and putting my playlists onto a USB 3.0 stick to make my music useable. This also happened to me in 2012 when my Ford flex would not interface with an iPod manufactured 5 years prior. I'm done with Apple.
I had the same issue. It's the Jeep that won't let all of the features work. I purchased a new iPod touch and everything works awesome. All search features work great.
Sponsored