Show off your Delivered JL Here!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Wow... that's the first owner-provided pic of Punk'n.

How'd the color look in person? You like? Is it metallic as it says or do you not see flakes?

Congrats!
If you hung out in the Punk'n thread there have been a bunch of owner pictures posted :cwl:

upload_2018-5-7_23-27-54.png
Sponsored

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
No metal flakes. It’s a true orange.
If you hung out in the Punk'n thread there have been a bunch of owner pictures posted :cwl:

upload_2018-5-7_23-27-54.png
Thanks guys. Sorry, yeah no hanging out in Punkn forum :)

That second pic looks nice! I wonder why FCA called it metallic though.

I love how the top and doors are removed.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks guys. Sorry, yeah no hanging out in Punkn forum :)

That second pic looks nice! I wonder why FCA called it metallic though.

I love how the top and doors are removed.
That is why I posted that pic of mine for you. Nobody else had them off for pics. :like:

There is a metallic in this paint. It is a very fine gold metallic. Not your traditional heavy flake metallic. In full sun that fine gold flake really brightens up the orange. When it is darker out the orange turns to a dark orange.

Another pic with no direct sun hitting the paint. It darkens up and has a bit of a red hue when direct light is not on it. In person it is still clearly orange but a darker one.

upload_2018-5-8_9-12-17.png

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
That is why I posted that pic of mine for you. Nobody else had them off for pics. :like:

There is a metallic in this paint. It is a very fine gold metallic. Not your traditional heavy flake metallic. In full sun that fine gold flake really brightens up the orange. When it is darker out the orange turns to a dark orange.

Another pic with no direct sun hitting the paint. It darkens up and has a bit of a red hue when direct light is not on it. In person it is still clearly orange but a darker one.

upload_2018-5-8_9-12-17.png
Wow - you're right - it changes depending on the sunlight. Your JL looks diff't in different pics in different light. LOL. Am starting to be a fan of that color.

Makes me REALLY crave my Sahara. Mine will look EXACTLY like yours (prem soft top and LED package with OEM wheels), but in Firecracker. Ugh, it takes so LONG.

I plan on plastidipping the emblems and the front grille/bumper silver inserts.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

Just took possession of my 2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, this is honestly my first Jeep, well kind of, I had a CJ75 I think like 25 years ago and then I had a 2018 Compass ( don't get me started on all the problems I had with that ) any how this is what a Jeep is supposed to look like right, anyway I have read thru lots of posts and hopefully I don't have the issues lots are having so we will see.

Here a re a few pics:

IMG_7922.jpg IMG_7923.jpg IMG_7924.jpg IMG_7925.jpg IMG_7926.jpg IMG_7927.jpg IMG_7928.jpg IMG_7929.jpg

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door

Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Delivered JL Here! {filename}
Punk'n definitely can't be confused with Firecracker in person. I saw them side by side yesterday and Punk'n is very ORANGE.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, Brad! CONGRATS! My wife and I go to see Kim on Friday. Can't wait!
look for my Punk'n JLUR on the lot when you are there. I hope to head down soon to pick it up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tgpj83

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
My new addition.... Mopar 2” lift with KO2 37”

Looks awesome and congratulations!

There’s been a lot of talk on here with the mopar lift bowing. Have you noticed this at all on yours? I’m hoping they’ve fixed the issue.

Thanks

Schrodinger

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome and congratulations!

There’s been a lot of talk on here with the mopar lift bowing. Have you noticed this at all on yours? I’m hoping they’ve fixed the issue.

Thanks
Thanks and Yes it does; but doesn’t rub and drives perfect. I’ll wait to see what happens and drive the hell out of it....

MerciiRubii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OB Rubicon JL
Picked her up today! Ordered 3/13. Had the dealership go ahead and switch me out to 35’s. Shout out to Kim, Kameron, and Kit for a great buying experience. It was worth the 8 hour drive home. (I’m posting this as my wife is driving, almost to the TN border)

Congrats!! Awesome!! How is the ride with the 35s and the gas mileage?